Take off your shoes

Surprisingly, no-one had managed to get poisoned during the dinner, and the rest of the day had gone over in a flash of unpacking and making themselves at home.

Since no-one had any energy to go out after the frantic effort which had gone into the dinner and the moving in, the entire Peerage occupying what was now Issei Phenix's estate started to creep towards leisure and relaxation.

Momonga sighed contentedly as he sat on the third floor, specifically in the magical research room he had requested from Lady Phenix, eyeing a tome of magic in front of him.

Yubelluna and Xuelan had wanted to go check out the basement swimming pool and gym, respectively. Koneko and Asia were stuck reading manga and watching television in one of the relaxation rooms, while Yuuto had gone for a walk to familiarize himself with the estate's grounds. Rias and Akeno had disappeared somewhere.

Momonga guessed that the two were having a tryst before the night would come and the peerage would retreat to their own rooms. 'Then again, there are no known observers in this estate as there is no service staff, which means technically if Akeno and Rias slept in the same room then no-one would know...'

'This feels almost too easy.' Momonga thought as he detached himself from the magical tome, the words it contained seeming to tangle into each other in his head, creating a mess that frankly made no sense. 'Nine's Own Goal had to disband and form Ainz Ooal Gown in order to have even a chance of conquering Nazarik a pitched battle that took all our abilities, skills, strategies and a metric tonnage of cash items, back when it was just a dungeon. I still can't believe we managed to clear the whole place in one go. But it became our home, and for that I am still glad.'

In comparison it seemed almost unfulfilling that Lady Phenix had just basically handed him an estate without more effort on his part than writing his name on a piece of paper (which he had read thoroughly for any sign of schadenfreude. It seemed that the woman had thoroughly approved of his paranoia regarding contracts).

He wasn't complaining, just feeling unfulfilled.

'Well, I'm not getting any closer to unraveling this...' Momonga sighed as he closed the book and placed it back on a shelf, then pulled the curtains over the window that showed slowly darkening night sky, locked the door to the room, and opened his Inventory. "Ddraig?"

"I am here." The voice of the dragon echoed in Momonga's head, and he pulled the inventory rift wider so he could look at the 'place'.

The red dragon seemed to be lying on the 'floor' of the inventory, quotation marks around the concept as the inventory's pocket dimension was in ever-shifting flux as items rearranged themselves as more were added or removed, while the dark marble 'floor' could turn to a wall or even disappear completely as the inventory auto-sorter did its work.

It was honestly quite surprising that the dragon hadn't been crushed to death by something rearranging itself inside it or undoing a floor below it and then re-doing it when the beast was halfway falling through it. It seemed that the inventory auto-sorter considered Ddraig to be part of his items and thus was leaving the dragon alone.

"What do you need of me, Lord Momon?" The dragon clarified as Momonga was lost in his thoughts. The dragon lifted its head from the floor, revealing that it had been reading a book titled 'The History of Nines Own Goal- by Momonga.'