Fall into your bed( 🍋)

Hm, so it works as [Appraisal Magic Item] suggested." Momonga thought as he drank his third mana potion. "And the amount of mana seems to be quite consistent as well, while being unable to overcharge available mana if it is already full..."

He had been casting minor silent spells to induce mana drain and then used one of the new mana potions to restore his mana, and finding that the restoration per potion was roughly equivalent to mana consumed by a fifth-tier spell, or a low-cost sixth-tier spell.

In other words, not much, but Momonga figured that he'd eventually find a way to concentrate the effect of the potions so he wouldn't need to chug an entire twelve-pack of the potions to recharge the amount of mana a single ninth-tier spell would use. That, or he'd find more effective mana potions.

Normally he'd be more reserved when it came to using potions frivolously, but since this new world he had landed in was selling the items in regular stores he figured he could likely replenish his stock when he wanted, allowing him to be more cavalier with the items. He still needed to be careful when it came to using YGGDRASIL consumables though.

He glanced out of the research room's window and saw that the night had fallen properly, and figured that it'd be time to retire for the night.

Momonga could just keep researching throughout the night, but it'd likely cause his Peerage either suspicion or worry, so he decided that keeping his cover as intact as it could be would be more important than trying to research more.

Deciding to do one more thing before retiring for the night, Momonga cast [Message] after closing the curtains for one more time, making sure the door was locked, and casting a few anti-espionage spells from the scrolls in his inventory to ensure secrecy.

"My lord, thine humble servant answers thy call." The horrible, growly voice of the Elder Lich he had created answered Momonga's [Message], the voice echoing around his head much like Ddraig's had.

"Report."

"I have failed thee, my lord. I have failed to become an undead phoenix as thee have intended me to be. However I have engrossed myself in research, and have made great strides in my attempt to rectify my mistake that is my failed being."

'What?' "Do you have anyone helping you?" Momonga filed the words for later study and pressed forwards. He would have asked 'do you have Lord Phenix with you' but if anyone managed to pierce his anti-divination and anti-spying spells they'd have definite proof of his guilt if they caught him saying it.

"Lord Phenix has helped me immensely. I've archived strides in my research on the subject of turning an undead into an undead phoenix thanks to his help."

'Hm? He managed to persuade Lord Phenix to help him?' Momonga thought. 'Interesting. Elder Liches are supposed to be intelligent undead, but this one has surpassed my expectations. Good... I can stop feeling guilt that Lady Phenix's husband is suffering because of me if he's helping the Lich willingly... which actually makes sense since the Lich would have been created into his son's body so he may have confused the lich to be his son. I guess that this answers my question about the intelligence of the summoned undead in this world as well. ' "Excellent, keep up the good work."