Take cover as you hear a closing whistle

And in conclusion to my report, here are the papers for..." A man offered a small file to Momonga with two hands, accompanied with a small bow that warmed Momonga's heart due to its perfect form.

Momonga took the papers with mechanical movements. "Thank you. Do you have anything else to report?"

"Nothing else, my lord." The man bowed and sat on his seat, after he had insisted that Momonga sat on the huge seat behind the mahogany desk between them, a seat which was definitely reserved for the Phenix family's head in the Phenix family head's office. Instead, 'Lord Phenix' or rather, the Overlord Wiseman sat on a visitor's seat while Momonga sat on the family head's seat.

'...My dream. My dream of financial success and founding a successful healing item business is collapsing, it is all crashing down...' Momonga looked at the paper with dull eyes, since the Overlord Wiseman had explained the family's finances to him, and when he compared it to the sum on the wager-paper... 'If I lose, we're in the red. No, not just red, black. Completely bankrupt. Utterly dominated. The bank is going to send its repo-men and take our organs to make up for the deficit. This is a disaster.'

[Emotion Suppression] was doing double-shifts calming Momonga down.

"Oy? Aren't you forgetting that it's a wager so you'll just have to win to get out of that situation before it happens?" A deep voice reminded Momonga, and he sighed as Ddraig's words did make sense... in a way.

'I had planned on throwing the match against Serafall after getting a proper grip on my abilities, quirks of this new world and the [Boosted Gear]'s functions in practise. It's not like I can go all-out, because if my undead magic-caster self is revealed, I'll be caught between a rock and a hard place...' Momonga sighed mentally while the Overlord Wiseman explained some details about plushies, merchandise and whatnot that Momonga just nodded to, his thoughts elsewhere.

"...Of all the things, I did not expect you to have low self-confidence. People with your powers usually flaunt them openly and use their power to carve their name in the world." Ddraig commented dryly. "Perhaps you are unaware of your own powers? Your pawn over there seems to get it though. At least I'm assuming this 'Lord Phenix's is somehow under your thrall."

'Something like that. Moreover I'm not certain I should mimic the actions of fools who flaunt their powers openly and make themselves easy targets to anyone bothering to memorize their abilities and develop hard-counters. So that being said, I refuse to display more cards from my hand than is strictly necessary for me to win.' Momonga noted.

"You might want to let your Peerage know that you have me, though. I imagine that my presence is going to be hard to keep a secret, and since you have Issei's face, I imagine Rias and company are going to blow a fuse if my presence comes as a surprise." Ddraig noted. "I'll keep your cover though, as we agreed to, since I have no intention to land us in hot water with the Underworld until you decide to reveal your true self."

'Good point. And thank you.' Momonga agreed as he turned his attention back to the signatures and names on the paper. "So, I am to engage Sona Sitri, and Ravel Phenix while also married to Rias Gremory?"

"Quite so, my lord." The disguised Overlord Wiseman nodded, and a small tingle of doubt seemed to creep into his expression. "...Did I misinterpret your glorious words, my lord? Are you unhappy with my actions?"