Chapter Three: The Jenna Thing

At Apple Rosegrille
Ethan's Pov

After Alison's funeral, me and the girls decided to head to the grill to think about everything that happened today.

I sat in between Aria and Hanna. Spencer and Emily sitting across from us.

Not just Alison's body being found or her funeral. We're talking about the texts from this mysterious A person.

We ordered a few things to eat, not that much, considering we weren't that hungry.

Hanna was still drinking her soda, while the rest of us had finished what we had ordered.

"Why was Jenna there?" Aria asked.

"I guess she's back" Hanna shrugged.

"That cop acted like we were suspects or something" I scoffed, shaking my head while leaning back against my chair.

"Do you think we looked guilty?" Emily asked.

"Why would we? We haven't done anything wrong" Aria said.

"Except lie about the Jenna thing" Hanna scoffed.

"We promised we'd never bring up the Jenna thing again, remember? It never happened" Spencer said.

Me and Hanna rolled our eyes as she took out her phial of alcohol and started putting some in her drink.

"Have you found a way to forget? I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night" Aria said.

I shook my head and gently placed my hand on her shoulder for comfort.

"Aria, it was an accident. I may not have been there that day, but I know that you girls would never do something like that on purpose" I softly reassured her.

She looked at me and just nodded, not convinced.

While Hanna was still putting some alcohol in her drink, she picked her head up and a fake smile appeared on her face.

"It's medicinal" Hanna said, but she didn't say it to us, she was saying it to someone else.

Me and the girls furrowed our eyebrow at her in confusion. I turned to see that she was talking to an old man.

When she saw his judging look, a look of annoyance washed through her face.

"Cramps" Hanna angrily snapped.

This made the man back off as he nodded and looked away from her.

I chuckled and raised my hand for a high-five, one she immediately returned.

"I don't get it. How does 'A' know something about me that only Alison knew?" Emily asked.

"Ali knew all of our secrets, but...we never knew any of hers" Aria said.

The girls nodded, while I bit my lip and played with my fingers. I'm debating if I should tell them or not.

I mean, even if she's not here physically, I promised Ali I'd never tell the girls.

Sighing in defeat, I looked at the girls, still playing with my fingers nervously.

"I knew some" I said.

The girls looked at me in shock and curiosity and leaned in more to learn more.

"Go on" Aria nodded, gesturing for me to continue.

"Talk, bubs" Hanna said.

I looked at all of them, bit my lip and shook my head. They all looked at me in disbelief and slight annoyance.