Chapter Seventy-Four: Turn Of The Shoe

Ethan's Pov

It was late at night and me and the girls were at the Brew.

We were all sitting at a table together, we were eating food while talking to each other.

We were mostly talking about Wilden's funeral, the lady that had her face hidden with her veil, A and Hanna's mom.

"When was the last time your mom called you from New York?" Aria asked.

"I don't know, the day before yesterday. I haven't really been keeping track" Hanna said, annoyed.

"Have you checked your phone?" I asked.

"She called me from the hotel room, bubs. She has no cell" Hanna said, once again, annoyed.

I raised my hands in surrender before going back to eating my food.

"Who was that freaky woman at the funeral?" Hanna asked.

"Which freaky woman? There was a couple, Han" Aria asked.

"The one in black with the veil, and she was just diving into that town car" Hanna said.

"Speaking of freaks, where's Melissa?" Emily asked.

The girls all turned to look at Spencer when she said that.

Spencer was busy doing, something, while I was trying to avoid their looks.

"Spencer? Ethan?" Emily asked.

"What?" Spencer asked, looking up.

"Yeah?" I sighed.

"Where's your sister been?" Emily asked.

I shrugged and took a bite out of my burger.

"D.C. she's interviewing for an internship" I told her.

"With who, Satan?" Hanna sarcastically asked.

Spencer shot her a look while I tried not to glare at my blonde friend.

"Wait a second. You think that Melissa was the woman in black?" Aria asked, looking at Emily.

"Do you?" Emily asked.

"I didn't really get a good look at her. I was trying not to wet myself when that new cop made a beeline over for us" Aria said, clearly annoyed.

I'm gonna make sure to keep a close eye on that new cop.

The last thing I want is for a Wilden 2.0 to harass us like the original one.

"Well, he can beeline all he wants. We didn't do anything to Wilden" Hanna scoffed.

"Except for throw his car in a lake and leave fingerprints all over it when A pulled it out" Aria said.

We then looked at Spencer to see her taking some of our food to create something.

"Spencer, what are you doing with my french fries?" Aria asked, confused.

"I'm re-creating the geography around the lodge to see if it's even possible that the person who jumped out of the plane could rescue Mona and Hanna from a burning building" Spencer explained.

Hanna rolled her eyes and picked up her mozzarella stick but before she could eat it, Spencer stopped her.

"Wait. Put down the mozzarella stick" Spencer said.

"It's mine" Hanna said.

"No, it's not. It's a plane" Spencer said before taking her mozzarella stick from her.

Hanna looked at us and I shook my head, going back to eating my food.

"Spencer, you can stack all the food that you want, it wasn't Alison" Aria said.