Chapter Seventy-Eight: Under The Gun

Ethan's Pov

Aria, Spencer and I were at the brew sitting on the couch while waiting for Emily to get here.

Spencer had called Aria last night and told her what happened with Hanna and to say she was shocked would be an understatement.

"When you called us back from that sorority party, I thought you were gonna tell me that you'd found the person Ali was talking to, not that-" Aria started but I cut her off.

"Hanna got arrested" I finished.

"Yeah, not that" Aria nodded.

I sighed and shook my head, taking a sip of my coffee to try and ease my nerves.

"Where's Emily? It's not like her to be late" Spencer asked."I don't know, maybe she got a hold of Hanna" Aria shrugged."Yeah, or she could be avoiding me" Spencer sighed.

I opened my mouth to say something but Aria beat me to it.

"Alright, well you need to apologize or get over it or do whatever you have to do, ok? I don't care who said what to who, but we need all brains on board and we're already down one. You got it?" Aria sternly said.

I looked at her in surprise while Spencer nodded.

"Aye aye, captain" Spencer gave her a shocked look.

Aria nodded before taking a sip of her coffee, only to gag in disgust as she spit it back into the mug.

"Ugh. Taste this. It's disgusting" Aria told us.

"Gross" I gagged.

"Yeah, you just spit in it" Spencer nodded.

Aria sighed and set her cup down and that's when Emily walked towards us."Hey, Em. You talk to Hanna?" Aria asked.Emily sighed and nodded her head before she sat down."Is this mine?" she asked, reaching out to grab the mug.

"Yeah, but don't" Spencer shook her head.

Emily shot her a weird look before nodding and backing off, clearly confused.

"How is she?" I asked, worried.

"Freaked out. She's waiting to hear back from the D.A. about the charges. Meanwhile, the cops are running tests on her dad's gun to see if it was used to kill Wilden" Emily explained.

"They can actually do that?" Aria asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. It's called ballistics. When you fire a gun, the barrel leaves grooves on the bullet. Like a pattern. And if the pattern of that barrel matches the bullet that killed Wilden, then bam, that's the murder weapon" Spencer explained.

Aria stared at her while I chuckled softly and fondly shook my head.

"And there's more. Shana's back. Permanently. She enrolled at Rosewood High, and took my spot on the swim team" Emily told us.

"What are you talking about?" Aria asked, confused.

"I'm talking about the girl who may have tried to set us on fire, run you over, sitting next to us in social studies" Emily sarcastically said.

"But why? What does Shana have against us?" Aria asked.

"Well, Mona said Shana was in love with Jenna. And that they were both afraid of Melissa..." I trailed off.

"Who moved to London" Emily added.

"So, Melissa moves out, Shana moves in" Aria nodded in realization.

"And Jenna gets a new seeing eye dog at Rosewood High" Emily sarcastically smiled.

All of us flinched when we heard a loud crash nearby.