Chapter Thirty: Surface Tension

Ethan's Pov

Me and the girls were at Hanna's house. Emily would be living with them while her mom is visiting her dad in Texas.

Right now we were all in the kitchen, preparing breakfast.

"I thought you were getting your own room" Aria said.

"That was before the pipes went off behind the walls" Emily said.

"They had to fix the pipes and put the wall back in, so we're roomies till then" Hanna smiled.

"It'll be fun" Emily nodded.

"I know, it's gonna be like a sleepover than never ends" Hanna grinned, clearly happy.

The girls chuckled at her while I smiled and shook my head, gently patting her head.

"Has Garrett called you about Ian's messenger?" Spencer asked, looking at Emily.

"Not a sound" Emily sighed.

"Guys, we dragged Garrett into this. We just gotta trust him" Aria shrugged.

I don't know, Garrett just seems a bit suspicious to me.

I'm not sure if I can fully trust him, at least for now I'll keep an eye on him.

"We're trusting him with Ian's $10,000, and I could've used some of that to replace Melissa's ring" Spencer sighed.

"And if they traced the money from Ian to you?" Hanna asked.

"Yeah, sis, how would you explain that?" I asked.

"I just don't like waiting. If we're too quiet, A will get bored and stir the pot" Spencer said.

"And if we say something, A is gonna smack us down. I don't wanna walk into another A-stravaganza like that fashion show" Hanna explained.

"God, the look on Mrs. Dilaurentis's face" Emily sighed.

We heard the doorbell ring as Hanna walked out to go open it.

"This...isn't just about making us look like bitches anymore, is it?" Aria asked.

"No. It's about keeping us quiet" I said.

"Why?" Aria asked.

"Because A might really be the one who killed Ali. I mean, that's what we're all thinking, isn't it?" Emily asked.

"Why else go through all the trouble of setting up Ian?" Spencer asked.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair, clearly tired.

"You guys!" Hanna yelled.

We turned around to see Hanna walking back towards us, but the only thing was that she was carrying a gift basket.

We looked at her in confusion while she sighed and gestured towards the card inside the basket.

"Look at the card" Hanna said.

Emily took the car and scanned it before reading it to us.

"What fun, two little liars under one roof. You're making it so easy. A" Emily said.

Me and the girls glanced at each other, clearly worried and confused.

Hanna took a box of candy from the basket and scanned it before scoffing and looking back at us.

"It's not even good candy" Hanna said.

We gave her unimpressed looks as she threw the candy in the trash.

The Next Day

It was the next day and I was helping Spencer gather her things for school so we can leave.