Chapter Seventy-Three: A Is For A-L-I-V-E

Ethan's Pov

The girls and I were staring at the inside of the trunk in disgust. I wanted to throw up.

Inside of the trunk was none other than a dead pig.

A freaking dead pig.

Oh dear god I wanted to throw up right then and there. But I refrained from doing so.

"What the...?" Aria muttered.

The girls were covering their mouths in disgust, doing their best not to throw up themselves.

It was only then that I realized that Mona wasn't here. She was missing.

"Where's Mona?" I asked, confused.

The girls looked around and their eyebrows furrowed in confusion when they saw that Mona was indeed missing.

Where the hell did she go...?

"This was all her. She set us up" Aria gritted her teeth.

"Ok, let's go. Let's get out of here" Emily said.

"Come on" Spencer said.

We all walked towards the car, only to stop and turn around when we saw Hanna walking back towards the car.

"Hanna! Hanna, let's go!" Spencer yelled.

I ran towards the car, only for my eyes to widen in surprise when I saw Mona in the front seat.

How the hell did she get there without any of us seeing her?

"God, Mona, what are you doing?" Hanna asked in confusion.

"Saving your mom" Mona replied.

Can't she just take the entire thing with her so we can get the hell out of here.

"Guys" Aria whispered.

We all turned around and our eyes widened when we saw a couple nearby, taking a night walk.

"Someone's coming" Aria whispered, clearly nervous.

"Hey, they're coming this way. Hurry up!" I whisper yelled at them.

Mona ignored us and continued what she was doing while Hanna tried to get her to hurry up.

Emily and Aria ran towards the car while Spencer grabbed my arm and pulled me with her.

"Hurry up before we get caught!" I whisper yelled at Mona.

I let my sister drag me away as she opened the car and got inside.

Emily and Aria were in the front. Emily started the car and drove closer to where Mona and Hanna were.

Finally, Mona got out of the car and her and Hanna ran towards us.

I opened the car door for them, letting them in before Mona shut the door and we were off.

Back At Home

Finally, we were home. 

We made sure to lock all doors and windows. We were taking extra precautions.

Spencer had turned on the news to see if Wilden's car and the pig had been reported. Emily and Hanna were watching with her.

Aria was looking out the window while Mona sat on the couch.

"There's a report on the lodge, but nothing about Wilden's car" Spencer sighed.

"Well, I guess the fire trumps a dead pig" Hanna rolled her eyes.