Chapter Thirty-Eight: A Hot Piece Of 'A'

Ethan's Pov

Me and the girls walked back into the greenhouse as Spencer had A's phone in her hands.

"How hard did you hit him, her, it?" Aria asked.

"Didn't run like a her" I scoffed.

"I thought it was an animal" Hanna said.

"It was. Is" Spencer said in annoyance.

"Ok, where's the box?" Emily asked as she began looking for the box.

"You guys this phone is locked" Spencer said.

"And where the hell were you guys? I thought we were supposed to meet up here. Wasn't that the plan?" I asked, frustrated and confused.

"I'm so sorry, Ethan. I-I dropped a huge bomb at home. My parents won't let me go anywhere. I had to crawl through Mike's window" Aria explained.

"And Toby came in and totally cornered me with all of these questions about why I was acting this way, and he would not leave without any answers" Spencer explained.

"Kate's moving to Rosewood" Hanna said.

This made us stop what we were doing as we looked at her with wide eyes in shock.

"What?" we all asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, my dad and Isabel got married, and now they're looking for a house here in Rosewood. So now I have more than one monster in my life. Ok? I win" Hanna angrily said.

Emily let out a disbelieving scoff and shook her head at her.

"No you don't. We were almost killed. These are not highlights, Hanna, this is glass in my hair" Emily angrily snapped.

"Yeah. I got tossed around like a freaking ragdoll, my forehead is bleeding, there's glass in my hair and I'm pretty sure I've got bruises all over my body" I angrily snapped.

Aria pointed her flashlight at Emily's hair and tried taking out the glass that was in her hair.

"You guys, can you talk to me for a second? I'm holding A's phone in my hand. What are we doing with it?" Spencer asked.

"Something, before A knows we have it" I said.

"Stand still" Aria said as she walked over to me and tried taking out the glass that was in my hair.

"Hanna, call Caleb" Spencer said as she looked at Hanna.

"Why?" Hanna asked, confused.

"He's the best way that we can get information off of this" Spencer said but Hanna immediately shook her head.

"No, leave him out of this" Hanna sternly said.

"But he's our best shot at tracing this back to A" Spencer said.

"There are other people. We'll take it to the phone store tomorrow" Hanna said.

Me and the girls looked at her weirdly, me raising an eyebrow at her.

"The-the phone store?!" Spencer asked in disbelief.

"Well, then, call technical support! We can have someone in Pakistan do it!" Hanna angrily snapped.

"Hanna!" Emily yelled.

"This can't wait until tomorrow!" Aria yelled.

"Once A realizes it's missing-" Emily started but Hanna cut her off.

"I get it, ok? But this phone is connected to Jenna and officer Garrett. Caleb already has a bad history with her and the police. We're not going there!" Hanna angrily yelled.