Chapter Fifty-Six: Stolen Kisses

Ethan's Pov

The girls and I were at Emily's house, in her room. We were by her desk, still looking at the website Mona gave us about Maya.

"Mona's trying to help us. Why else would she give us this?" Hanna asked.

I shrugged my shoulders before turning around as Aria walked into the room.

"Emily's still on the phone. She seemed to take it okay, didn't she?" Aria asked, referring to the website of Maya.

"What, like we should be used to hearing from ghosts by now?" Spencer sarcastically asked.

"Spencer, why can't you admit that she is trying to help us?" Hanna asked, annoyed.

"Hanna, did you ever stop to think why Mona would want to help us?" Spencer asked, annoyed.

"Because she's afraid of something, just like we were afraid of her" Hanna said.

"For the record I was never afraid of her, even after we found out she was A" I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I don't know" Spencer shrugged.

"Yeah, you don't know, but the cops are still after my blood" Hanna said, annoyed.

"I told you, our mom will handle that" Spencer said.

"I hate needles" Hanna groaned, standing up from the chair.

"Ok, look, whether this if fake or not, we've got to figure out what's on that site" Aria said.

We heard footsteps and turned around to see Emily walking back into the room.

"It was Nate" Emily said, sitting down on her bed.

"What did he want?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"I promised to hike up with him to the old boat house. Told him it was Maya's favorite spot in Rosewood" Emily said.

The girls and I shared a glance before looking back at Emily.

"You're not gonna, like, tell him about this, are you?" Spencer nervously asked.

"If I did that, I'd have to tell him how we know about it" Emily said.

Thank goodness.

The last thing we need is to involve someone else in this mess.

"Em, what do you want us to do about this?" Aria asked, gesturing to the website.

"Do you mind if we try and break into Maya's site?" Hanna asked.

I saw Emily press her lips into a thin line as sadness washed through her.

It doesn't matter how much time has passed, she still misses Maya. She's slowly learning to move on, but it's been hard.

Emily sighed and looked at us before slowly nodding her head.

"We have to" Emily said.

"Ok. Um, how do we get past the password?" Aria asked.

"It's just a password, there are ways of cracking it" Spencer said.

Emily furrowed her eyebrows together before standing up from her bed as she walked towards her desk.

We all huddled around her and watched her type. She clicked enter but the password she wrote was invalid.

"Thought I had an idea of what it was. Guess I don't know her as well as I thought I did" Emily sighed.

She shut her laptop and placed her head on top of her hands, clearly upset.