Chapter Sixty-Seven: What Becomes Of The Broken-Hearted?

Ethan's Pov

I was smiling like a complete geek but I don't give a damn.

Because I'm a geek that's happy because Alyssa, the girl I've been crushing on for a while, is now finally my girlfriend.

At school the girls asked about where I went after what happened at the mausoleum.

I told them I had gone to Alyssa's and they immediately started asking questions, especially when they saw me smile and blush.

I told them everything and to say they were excited would be an understatement.

"Finally, our ship has sailed" Emily grinned.

"Oh, we're so happy for you, buddy" Aria smiled.

I chuckled and hugged her when she wrapped her arms around me.

When we pulled away Hanna hugged me and I hugged her back before we pulled away.

"About time you got yourself into a relationship. Now you're not single anymore" Hanna smirked.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head while Aria and Emily chuckled.

Now that that's out of the way, we have something else to discuss.

Or, should I say someone.

And that just so happens to be my sister.

They know about Spencer and Toby breaking up and they understand now why Spencer hasn't been herself lately.

But there's just something else. She knows something we don't and she's keeping it from us.

"Did she show up to A.P. English? Was she even here today?" Emily asked.

"No. I didn't even see her at home this morning. I think she got up early and left" I sighed.

"I think we would know if Spencer were here. People would be running for cover" Hanna said.

All three of us looked at her in confusion.

"What? Look, she's hurting, and when people hurt, they lash out. Just, give her some space" Hanna explained.

But why can't she understand that we're here for her?

Why can't she understand that she can talk to us about anything?

"We have. But she's living on planet freefall" Aria said.

She shut her locker and the four of us began walking.

"Have either of you talked to Toby?" Aria asked, glancing at Emily and I.

"Well, I left him a ton of messages and called him multiple times" I sighed.

Toby has never ignored my texts or my calls before.

Why isn't he picking up? What's he been doing ever since Spencer and him broke up?

"I think we're going to have to find out what went down from Spencer. Maybe I'll get some cupcakes and show up at her house" Emily said.

"She doesn't have the flu. She doesn't need ragmags and junk food. She needs to work through this pain, not cover it" Hanna shook her head.

Aria and I glanced at each other and snorted in amusement.

"Ok, Dr. Hanna" Aria sarcastically said.

"Buttercup, I'm pretty sure when you and Caleb broke up, you locked yourself in your bedroom for two weeks, and all you ate was eskimo pies" I deadpanned.

Aria and Emily nodded while Hanna scoffed.

"They were skinny cows, and it was four days" Hanna defended.