Chapter Sixty-Six: Dead To Me

Ethan's Pov

The girls and I were at the brew and to say it was awkward would be an understatement.

Especially between Aria and Spencer. Which, like I said, is understandable.

"Nothing?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Nothing since he left. Well, he sent an 'I got here' text" Aria shrugged.

"Well, that counts...if you want it to" Hanna said, trying to make her feel better.

"I mean, I know he's doing the right thing, it's just the idea that something's happening hundreds of Miles away that's gonna change everything" Aria explained.

Yeah, she does make a good point there.

We all looked at Spencer, waiting for her to say something, especially when she's been quiet.

Spencer looked at us before looking down at her cup.

"This is cold. I'm just gonna go get a refill" Spencer said.

She got up and walked towards the register to ask the cashier for a refill.

I sighed and shook my head. What's going on with her?

"Do you think Wilden read that notebook by now?" Hanna asked.

"He must have" Emily sighed.

"So he knows what we know" Aria said.

"And what exactly do we know?" I asked, confused.

"It's just Cece's version of things" Aria shrugged.

"There was a picture of him in cape bay. I'm going back to the police station after school, take a snap of it on my phone" Emily said.

We all nodded. That's a good idea, we need proof after all.

I sighed and took a sip of my coffee, I'm a little sleepy so this is helping me stay awake.

I furrowed my eyebrows together when I saw Spencer return, but with Jason.

"Hey, Jase, what's up?" I asked.

"Hey, Ethan. And just like I told Spencer, I'm going to tell you guys, I've got some news" Jason said.

We all glanced at each other before looking back at him.

I nodded, signaling him to say what he wants to stay.

"We're keeping this kind of quiet, but they've released Ali's remains to my family. There's gonna be a re-interment" Jason explained.

"She's being buried again?" Emily asked, shocked.

"Not in the ground. In the mausoleum. There'll be a service, family only, but I've arranged for you guys to have some time after my parents leave" Jason explained.

The others sent him small smiles and nods of appreciation.

"Thank you" I smiled softly.

"There's something else. The things we put in the casket with Ali, they're still missing. The state police think whoever opened the grave is keeping them as some kind of sick souvenirs. The cops figure when they find those, they'll find the creeps who did this" Jason explained.

That creep is none other than A.

And their partner, if they have one, which I'm pretty sure they do.

"I think they're right" Jason said.

We can only hope...

"Look, I just wanted you guys to hear it from me. I'll text you when I know the details about saying good-bye to Ali" Jason said.