Chapter Nineteen: The Badass Seed

Ethan's Pov

Me and the girls were at school, sitting on the ground waiting for our auditions for the school play.

"If you're trying out for The Bad Seed, you need to sign up here and wait by the auditorium door until your name is called. Thank you and good luck" Mr. Fitz yelled to all the students that were here.

"Start with the line about the stolen medal" Spencer said.

"Why isn't she wearing any shoes?" Hanna asked, pointing towards a girl that didn't have any shoes.

"So she can look short enough to play an 8-year-old" I said, shaking my head.

"What's my line?" Spencer asked.

Emily began looking through the pages, trying to find Spencer's line.

"I don't see anything about a medal" Emily said as Spencer looked at the paper.

"That's what the 8-year-old killed her classmate for. The penmanship medal. That's why they call her the bad seed" Spencer said.

"Penmanship medal, really?" Hanna asked.

"Didn't you read the whole play?" Spencer asked.

Spencer looked at me and Aria as the both of us shrugged at her.

"Don't look at us, Hanna's the one trying out. We're just here to make her look taller" Aria defended and I nodded.

"Why do I have to read the whole play? I don't wanna be the bad seed's mother. I want to be the one who's drunk all the time" Hanna said.

This made the four of us laugh at her and shake our heads.

"No comment" Spencer chuckled.

"Still ragging on me for bringing a flask? I don't need another parent, Spence. One's plenty" Hanna sighed.

"Well, has the one figured out that Caleb's in your basement?" Aria asked.

"No, but A has" Hanna sighed.

This made all our eyes widen in shock as we looked at her in worry.

"What are you gonna do?" Emily asked.

"I'm gonna tell my mom before A gets to her. I'm just gonna ask her if Caleb can stay in the guest room" Hanna said.

I nodded at that before smiling when Mona made her way over to us.

"Hey there, Hanna and her clana" Mona smiled.

"Hey, Mona. How'd it go in there?" Hanna asked, smiling.

"Honestly, I nailed it. It was epic. I think Mr. Fitz cried" Mona smiled.

"Good for you, Mona. I guess the rest of us should go home" Spencer sarcastically said, flashing her a sarcastic smile.

"No. There are no small parts, only parts that don't make it into the yearbook. Good luck" Mona smiled at us.

She walked away and when she was gone me and the girls went back to reading the script.

I looked at Aria and saw her looking at something, or someone, and when I saw who she was looking at it I smirked slightly.

Spencer noticed Aria looking at Mr. Fitz and nudged her arm.

"Why don't you audition? You kind of have an in with the director" Spencer asked in a teasing voice.

"Stop" Aria said in warning tone.

"Is he wearing the tie you gave him?" Hanna asked with a teasing smirk.

"Stop" Aria said in the same warning tone.