Chapter Seventy-Five: Cat's Cradle

Ethan's Pov

The girls and I were in the Brew and we were currently looking through a box of Ali's things that Emily managed to get from her house.

We were hoping that we could find something that could help us with everything we're dealing with.

"Ok, my mom is not connected to a cockatoo" Hanna said.

"Parrot" Emily corrected her.

"Whatever" Hanna scoffed.

"Well, that bird is connected to Ali, Ali's connected to Wilden, and Wilden's connected to your mom and us and stuff we don't even know anything about" Aria explained.

"My mom may have hit him a little with her car, but she did not kill Wilden" Hanna told us.

"Of course not" I said and Spencer nodded.

Hanna sighed and went back to going through the things.

"Hey, how's your shoulder?" Aria asked, looking up at Emily.

"I'm seeing the doctor again tomorrow" Emily smiled.

I smiled at her and nodded before flipping through one of Ali's old notebooks.

"Why would you take all this stuff?" Hanna asked.

"I took the bird stuff and the rest of the junk to get past Mrs. Dilaurentis with Ali's notebooks" Emily explained.

"We learned so much from what Ali wrote down in Em's bio book. Who knows what could be written in these?" Spencer said.

I nodded at that as we continued going through Ali's old things.

We had to find something that could be useful to us. Something, anything, that could help.

"Aww. Eat, bake, love" Hanna smiled.

I raised an eyebrow and turned around to see what she was looking at.

A smile made its way onto my face when I saw Ms. Montgomery sitting on the couch with her new boyfriend, Zack.

"They look cozy" Spencer smiled.

"Yeah, they do" Aria nodded, a faint smile plastered on her face.

I smiled and gently rubbed her shoulder, causing her to smile at me.

"How's Jake?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"He's nice" Aria nodded.

Me and the girls looked at her unimpressed, causing her to sigh at us.

"No. Seriously, he's nice. We're seeing each other tonight" Aria told us.

"Great" Spencer nodded.

"Well, you don't have to say it like that" Aria frowned.

"I didn't say it like anything" Spencer defended.

Aria rolled her eyes, causing me to chuckle, before she turned back around to look at her mom and Zack.

"Is it weird to be jealous of your mom love life?" Aria asked.

I chuckled at that and shook my head in slight amusement.

We went back to going through the box since we still had to find something that would be useful.

Aria, Spencer and Emily were sitting while Hanna and I were standing.

Actually, I had been sitting for a while but I wanted to stand for a bit so I let Emily take my seat since I could tell her feet were getting tired.

"Hey, Em, could you ditch this stuff someplace? I don't want Mona to see it and start asking us questions" Spencer said.