Chapter Seventy-Seven: Gamma Zeta Die

Ethan's Pov

Spencer and I got ready this morning and walked downstairs for breakfast.

When we got there we saw mom in the kitchen, pouring herself some orange juice.

"Good morning" Mom greeted the both of us.

"Morning" Spencer and I greeted her in unison.

We walked into the kitchen as I grabbed myself a muffin and a glass cup to pour myself from orange juice.

Mom sat down on one of the stools while Spencer and I stood next to each other after grabbing what we needed.

"I just spoke to Melissa. She started her internship today" Mom told us.

"Yeah? What did she say?" I asked.

"London is beautiful, but very cold" Mom chuckled softly.

"That sounds like a perfect match" Spencer sarcastically smiled.

I sent her a small glare, trying to stop myself from laughing.

Mom sent her a look before sighing and sliding over a book to my sister.

"This is for you" Mom told her.

I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion while Spencer frowned slightly.

"What is that?" Spencer asked, confused.

"It's what you need to read before your meeting with Brendan McGowan" Mom told her.

"Who's that?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"He's a private admissions counselor. He's going to help Spencer with college" Mom said.

"How?" Spencer asked, confused.

"The Carlyles hired him after Nora got that DUI. With Brendan she was still able to go to her second choice" Mom said.

"But I don't have a DUI" Spencer reminded her.

"No. But you have Radley" Mom reminded her.

Silence.

Silence took over us as Spencer pressed her lips together tightly while I awkwardly took a sip of my orange juice.

"Brendan will know which schools to target and how to make you most attractive to them" Mom said.

"Oh, he's like an Ivy League pimp" I rolled my eyes.

Spencer snorted in amusement while mom shot me a small glare before turning back to my sister.

"Sweetie, you've worked hard and you deserve to go to a good school. We just need to re-position you" Mom told her.

Spencer shot her a look of disbelief while I slightly glared at my mom.

"Mom, Spencer is not a sofa. And nobody is more upset than she is that she didn't get into UPenn, but that doesn't mean that she can't get into other good schools" I sternly said.

Spencer shot me a small soft grateful smile while mom nodded with what I said.

"I agree, and so does Brendan" Mom said.

Spencer just rolled her eyes and went back to eating her breakfast.

I rubbed her arm gently and kissed her head before going back to my own breakfast.

At School

The girls and I were in school, in class together as Ms. Montgomery was talking to us about the college visits we would be attending.