Chapter Twenty-Nine: Never Letting Go

Ethan's Pov

Me and the girls were currently in Emily's room, sitting on her bed while folding programs for the school's fashion show.

We were also discussing the video A showed us that day at the cemetary.

"Why would A show us that part of the video?" Aria asked.

"To keep us distracted for when the next attack is launched" Hanna scoffed.

"Or to tell us there's more to what happened that night" Emily said.

"Guys, Ian tried to kill me in the bell tower to get back his perverted videos, and he went after Ali for the same reason" Spencer explained.

"Yeah, but A had us convinced that Ian killed Alison, and now it's, what, two miles from the kissing rock to Ali's house" Emily said.

"Did she turn off the camera and walk home in the dark, alone?" I asked.

"Yeah, someone could've been waiting for her and surprised her when she got home" Hanna said.

"Like who?" Aria asked.

"Like Ian. Just because he didn't kill Alison at the kissing rock doesn't mean that he didn't do it an hour later" Spencer scoffed.

"Spence, I love you, I really do, but can you just stop already. Ian didn't kill Alison, we were given proof of that. He's guilty of many other things but not murder so please just be quiet" I sighed, clearly frustrated and fed up.

"If Ian didn't kill Ali, did A?" Hanna asked.

When she said that silence filled the room as we all looked at each other, unsure of what to say about that.

Did this A person really kill Ali? Have they been the killer all along?

Hanna glanced at us before shaking her head and looking at Aria.

"So, uh, did you invite Ezra to the show?" Hanna asked.

"No, he's out of town presenting a paper at a conference. Did you invite Caleb?" Aria asked.

"Why would I do that?" Hanna asked.

"Because you kissed him" I smirked, nudging her arm, earning an eye roll from her.

"How was it?" Emily asked, smirking slightly.

"Well, I wore the total wrong gloss. You know the kind that looks wet, but it's really sticky" Hanna said.

I gagged at that while the girls faces scrunched up in disgust.

"Oof, the wads of hair get stuck to your mouth" Emily said.

"Yeah. Hey, could we please keep folding? I needed these done yesterday, and I've already missed a million committee meetings" Spencer sighed.

We continued to fold the programs before we heard a phone ring.

We all slightly tensed up and looked at Aria and saw her taking out her phone.

"Can I get it? It's just a text" Aria asked.

"If it's from Ezra, then yes" Spencer said.

"Wow. Toby has turned our boss into a romantic" Emily smiled.

Me and Hanna smiled while Spencer chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"I was always a romantic! You know, under a thin veneer of pragmatism and...a few shockingly bad choices" Spencer chuckled.

"Guys, uh, I'm gonna go deal with this" Aria said.

We all nodded at her as she got up from the bed to gather her things.