Chapter Seven: There Is No Place Like Homecoming

Ethan's Pov

Me and the girls were all at Aria's house to try and cheer her up. She's been feeling down and we want to be there for our best friend.

We brought Chinese food for all of us and magazines for Aria since that always helps her.

Oh, and I brought her ice-cream, cause come on everyone loves ice-cream.

We walked into her room and saw her lying on the bed. Me and Spencer walked over to her and leaned down.

"Hey" me and Spencer whispered in her ear, taking out her headphones.

"What are you doing?" Aria asked, turning around to look at us.

"An intervention" I said and Spencer nodded as we moved away from her.

"We brought takeout and rag mags" Emily grinned, throwing the magazines on her bed, making Aria groan and sit up.

"But you cannot have any of those until you get out of these sweats" Hanna said.

"Why? What's wrong with these?" Aria asked.

"Nothing...except they're starting to graft to your skin" Spencer smiled, laughing slightly at the end.

"Well, they're comfy" Aria scoffed, shaking her head.

"Yeah, so are mom jeans and platform flip-flops" me and Hanna said, high-fiving each other at the end.

Emily and Spencer sent us amused looks while Aria rolled her eyes at us.

"Plus, how are we gonna help you choose a homecoming dress if you don't try some on for us" Emily said.

"That's easy. I'm not going" Aria shrugged.

The girls looked at her in shock while I had a small look of understanding on my face.

If I were in her position I wouldn't really want to go either. But I still feel like she should consider going at least.

"What do you mean you're not going?" Hanna asked in shock.

"You can't just not go" Spencer said.

"I don't know. I guess I'll just read these and then inhale a gallon of chunky monkey" Aria shrugged, pointing at the magazines.

We all gave her sad looks as I sat down next to her on her bed.

I smiled softly at her and took her hand into mine, making her look at me.

"Hey, look, cutting yourself off from the rest of your life is not gonna help your parents" I softly said.

Aria frowned while the girls nodded, agreeing with me.

"And besides, they still might work it out" Spencer said and I nodded.

"They're barely speaking to each other" Aria sighed, resting her head on my shoulder.

"People get angry. They blow up. Doesn't mean it's over" Emily said.

I nodded and wrapped an arm around Aria's shoulder. Hanna sighed and looked at Emily.

"Emily, they didn't blow up over her dad missing their anniversary. He slept with one of his students" Hanna scoffed.

This made me glare at her as Aria sighed and closed her eyes.

I lightly smacked Hanna's arm and shook my head at her, nodding towards Aria.

She realized what she said and closed her eyes, releasing a few sighs. She looked at Aria and gave her an apologetic look.