Chapter Sixty-Eight: Hot Water

Ethan's Pov

After Jason disappeared from the hospital the girls and I went to the brew to get some coffee.

I sighed and took a few sips from my mug, trying to wrap my head around everything that has happened.

We're all very worried about Jason.

Spencer and I especially. He's our brother after all.

But we just hope that he's doing alright and that he's run off to at least find a place to hide. To at least get away from all of this.

I sighed before turning towards Emily, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"How you holding up, Em?" I softly asked.

"Don't think I'll be taking an elevator any time soon" Emily said.

That's understandable after what she went through.

"Any word from Jason?" Aria asked, looking at Emily and I.

"No. Nothing" Emily shook her head.

"Same here" I sighed.

I've tried texting and calling him, but he just doesn't respond.

"Ok, so now that the whole N.A.T. Club is out of Rosewood, do you think that A will retire?" Hanna asked.

"Or just have more time for us" Spencer scoffed.

"Way to think positive, Spence" Hanna scowled, clearly annoyed.

"I just doubt suddenly everything's gonna be lilacs and daffodils" Spencer defended.

"Guys, let's focus. Cece lied about knowing Wilden, and then we find a picture of both of them with Ali" Emily explained.

"Yeah, a picture that's now gone" Aria deadpanned.

"New rule. Next time we see anything that might be important to us down the road, it goes in the phone" I sternly said.

"Is it possible that Cece is...what are we calling her, red coat?" Hanna asked.

"I never saw a face" Emily said.

"Yeah, me neither" Hanna sighed.

I looked at Spencer and saw her looking at her phone, a thoughtful look on her face.

Who is she texting right now? Or who's texting her?

"What do you think, Spencer?" I asked.

"Hmm?" Spencer asked, snapping out of her thoughts.

"Blonde? Red coat? Captain of the A team?" Emily asked.

"Maybe it's Cece" Spencer shrugged.

"Pay attention. We need this brain trust firing on all cylinders" Aria deadpanned.

"What happened tonight with you and Wren?" Hanna asked.

I looked at her and saw her looking at Spencer's phone, that was lying on the counter.

I looked at my sisters phone and saw that Wren had messaged her.

Since when is she seeing Wren...?

"It's nothing. I...Mona and I had a...moment, and, uh, he saw, that's all" Spencer said.

"A moment that might make her try and cut Emily in half?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No. No, you guys, this wasn't Mona. We were in a different county" Spencer argued.

Different county...?

Where the hell did her and Wren go that they met up with Mona?

"Well, then who do you think it was?" Hanna asked, confused.