Chapter Twenty-Seven: Blind Dates

Ethan's Pov

I was freaking happy as hell.

I finally got my cast off today and I feel good as new. I can use two arms now instead of one.

Right now me and the girls were outside, waiting for Spencer to get back from talking to the cashier inside the store.

Apparently she took Melissa's wedding ring to a pawn store instead of giving it back to her, like I suggested when we had found it.

I just hope that she can actually get the ring back, because if she can't then that's gonna be a problem.

"This place is skeevy" Aria said.

"She pawned our sister's wedding ring. We're not gonna go to Tiffany's" I sarcastically said.

"So, Wren and Melissa?" Emily asked, walking closer towards us while crossing her arms.

"Weird, right?" Hanna asked.

"Could you tell what he gave her?" Emily asked.

"No. She didn't seem happy about it" Aria said.

"I wonder if Ian will be" Hanna said.

I sighed and looked at Emily and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"How you holding up?" I asked.

"Great. Ever since I got that fake scholarship letter, my mom thinks I can do no wrong. I'm living a lie I didn't even tell" Emily scoffed.

"Leave it to A to make you feel bad about your mom feeling good" Hanna said.

I snorted at that but nodded because it was true.

We turned around when we heard the door open and we saw Spencer coming out of the store.

And judging by the look on her face I already know something happened.

And I was right.

Apparently A made a small trip to the store and bought the ring herself, stealing it and making it seem like Spencer brought in a freaking horseshoe instead.

"I can't believe that it's gone" Spencer said.

"My lords" I sighed, rubbing my temple.

"At least you got your money back" Hanna shrugged.

"Am I supposed to give her this?" Spencer angrily asked, holding the horseshoe up in her hand.

Hanna sighed and shook her head as Spencer let out an angry laugh.

"I stole it. I actually stole my sister's wedding ring" Spencer said, looking angry and guilty.

"What the hell are we supposed to do now?" I asked.

Before anyone could answer we heard our phones ring. We glanced at each other before taking our phones out.

When I saw the message it was no surprise that it was from A.

"Just my luck, diamonds are a girl's best friend. A" I scoffed.

The five of us began looking around but then we stopped at the big sign in front of us.

We looked up and saw a pair of eyes on the sign. It was staring down at us and it's fair to say we were creeped out.

The Next Day

It was the next day and me and Spencer were getting ready for school.

We made our way into the kitchen but stopped when we saw Melissa rummaging through a few drawers.