Chapter Nine: Please, Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone

Ethan's Pov

Me and the girls were at mine and Spencer's house, getting everything ready for Alison's memorial that's coming up.

Me, Spencer and Aria were pushing a large box into the living room where Hanna and Emily were.

"I was afraid she wouldn't get it done in time for the memorial" Aria said and I nodded.

"And this was someone from your mom's gallery?" Emily asked, standing up from the couch.

We stopped pushing the box and panted, already tired.

"Right" Aria nodded.

"There's an apartment above the gallery. So she's staying there. For now" Aria said.

"Kind of weird, isn't it? Your mom moving out" Hanna said, looking at something she was reading, I think it's blueprints.

"Yeah, like my dad should have left. That's what you'd expect" Aria said, clearly annoyed and angry.

Hanna looked taken aback by her tone while I lightly smacked her arm.

"Aria" I said in a warning tone.

She sighed and looked at Hanna with apologetic eyes.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. The whole thing just sucks" Aria groaned.

"I know" Hanna nodded.

"Did anyone call Shelly Leonard?" I asked, wanting to change the subject.

"Done. I told her that if she plays anything depressing, I will kick in her cello" Spencer said, making all of us laugh.

"Oh, what about the program?" Aria asked.

"Almost done. But we should finish it before Ali's brother gets here" Spencer said.

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw Jason, but he's a really good and chill dude.

We've hung out a few times. And he told me that I was the only one he liked out of the girls because I would tell Alison to leave him and his stuff alone.

And although he might not have said it to me or Alison, I feel like he liked Aria too. But liked her as something more.

"When is that?" Aria asked.

"Tonight. And he wants to see us in the morning" I said and Spencer nodded.

Hanna put the paper down and stood up and walked over to us as we were getting the nails off the box to open it.

"God, you know what? I barely remember Jason" Hanna said.

"We didn't know him. He was just Ali's older brother down the hall" Aria shrugged.

"Behind the closed door" Spencer said.

"With his hardcore-punk music vibrating the floor boards" Emily smirked.

This made them laugh while I rolled my eyes but chuckled either way since it was pretty funny.

"How did he get into an Ivy League school?" Aria asked.

"I don't know. It must've been affirmative action for goths and emos" Spencer scoffed, shaking her head.

We all managed to get the nails off and we lifted the lid from the box and set it down on the ground.

When we looked inside, we all smiled at the beautiful sculpture inside.

"Wow. It's beautiful" I smiled.

"Pedestal's already out there, next to the bench. This goes up Friday morning" Spencer said and we all nodded.

"Do you think Jason will like it?" Emily asked.