Chapter Fifty-Nine: Single Fright Female

Ethan's Pov

I was currently st school, in the courtyard, sitting at a table with Spencer and Aria.

Aria was going through a few papers while Spencer was currently telling us how Pastor Ted gave Ms. Marin a flash drive that he found.

"So it was there the whole time?" I asked, worried.

"Yeah. Hanna's freaking. She's terrified of what Jenna's gonna do" Spencer said.

"I thought that we were backing off the whole Noel and Jenna are the A team" Aria said.

"I am, but Hanna won't listen to me. Are you?" Spencer asked when he realized that Aria wasn't paying attention.

"I'm sorry. I'm just trying to figure out a way to say 'Happy Birthday' without the 'happy'" Aria said.

"Birthday?" Spencer asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, Ezra's not in the mood to celebrate. He's obsessed. He's convinced that he's ruined Maggie's life" Aria said.

"Well, why is he still thinking about his high school girlfriend?" I asked, confused.

"Probably because I pushed him to" Aria sighed.

I frowned and shook my head. 

I don't get why Ezra is still thinking about his ex-girlfriend when he's literally dating one of my best friends.

The past is past and he should just let her go and move on. She probably did.

"God, I just...I just wish that there was a way that I could get in touch with her" Aria said.

"That is a terrible idea" Spencer and I said.

"No, no, no. I just want-" Aria started but Spencer cut her off.

"That is such a terrible idea. Stay out of it. It is none of your business" Spencer sternly said.

"It is my relationship, Spencer" Aria sternly said.

Spencer looked at her in slight shock while I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"I'm sorry. We can't move forward until he does" Aria said.

We heard laughter from inside the school and we turned around to see Cece talking to a few girls, handing them flyers.

"What is she doing back in high school?" Spencer asked, confused.

"I don't think she ever left" Aria said.

The bell rang and we watched as Cece walked away and Aria gathering her books.

"See ya" Aria said.

We nodded at her and watched as she grabbed her bag and walk away.

Spencer and I grabbed our bags before exiting the courtyard to follow Cece.

When we got outside and saw Cece pinning a flyer on the board and we walked towards her.

"Hey, Cece? What are you doing?" Spencer asked.

"Panicking. It's almost show time and I thought I had some help, but I never heard back from you" Cece said.

I raised an eyebrow, confused, but Spencer's eyes widened in realization.

"That trunk show's tonight? Oh, my God, I spaced" Spencer gasped.

"Yeah. Yeah, you really did. But don't sweat it, sweetheart. Hopefully there are some other fashionistas in this fleece-loving town that'll skip a kegger for a free belt" Cece angrily said.