Chapter Thirty-Six: The First Secret

October 28, 2008
Ethan's Pov

Me and the girls were walking together to head to school while also discussing what we were gonna wear for Halloween.

"So what do you think, Em? Should Hanna be 'cute Britney" or 'bald Britney'?" Alison asked.

"If she wants to be, Cute Britney" Emily nodded.

"Ethan?" Alison asked, turning to look at me.

"Well, buttercup can be whoever she wants, it's her choice" I smiled.

Hanna smiled at me as I gave her head a brotherly kiss.

"Aria?" Alison asked.

"She's not gonna shave her head" Aria said with a small chuckle.

We all chuckled at that as Alison turned around to look at my sister, only to see that she was glued to her phone.

"Spencer, you're worse than my father" Alison said in annoyance.

"Sorry. But I did just procure nine votes from the debate team" Spencer smiled.

I smiled proudly at my sister while Hanna looked at her in confusion.

"Wait, that's a good thing, right?" Hanna asked.

"Yeah. And procured means to obtain with special effort. And obtain means to-" Spencer started but I cut her off.

"Spence, sis, we get it" I chuckled.

I wanted to stop her before Alison could say something mean.

"I think that Hanna should be who she wants to be" Spencer smiled as she gently patted Hanna's shoulder

Hanna smiled at her while Alison sighed and nodded her head.

"Fine. But you better wear the tightest skinny pants you can fit your big butt into" Alison smirked.

The girls all laughed at that while I saw Hanna's face fall at her comment.

I wrapped my arm around Hanna's shoulder and glared at Alison.

"Like I said before, she can be whoever she wants to be. And if she decides to be cute Britney I know for a fact that the clothes will fit her just right" I sternly said.

Alison rolled her eyes and raised her hands up in surrender.

Hanna smiled at me and mouthed 'thank you' to me. I smiled softly at her and gave her head another brotherly kiss.

We heard a phone ring and stopped walking as Emily took her phone out.

"Ben?" Aria asked, smiling at her.

"He's all about me going as a sexy cop for Halloween. But I'm thinking Indian girl" Emily smiled.

The girls all began laughing at that while I rolled my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, Ben's an alright dude, but I just feel like Emily could do better than him.

We heard a car pull up towards us and I turned around to see Noel Kahn and a few of his friends.

The girls, minus Alison, began fixing up their hair to look good in front of them. Especially Noel since he's the popular guy at school.

"What a shame. All that testosterone and not a sheep in sight" Alison smirked.

"Careful, Alison. I get your jokes, but someday you might meet a guy who doesn't" Noel smirked back.

Alison laughed at that and shook her head while I quietly chuckled.