Chapter Seventy-Six: Face Time

Ethan's Pov

Spencer and I walked to school together as we talked about whatever. We met up with Aria so the three of us walked to school together.

When we got there we saw Hanna walking away from Caleb. She looked upset.

"Spence. Ethan. Did either of you show your sister the mask yet?" Hanna asked.

"Morning, Hanna" Aria sarcastically smiled.

"Hi. Did you?" Hanna spared her a glance before asking us again.

"Not yet" Spencer told her, confused as to why she was asking us this.

"What are you waiting for? We can't just let her get away with it because she's your sister, guys" Hanna sternly said.

"Whoa!" Spencer and I said in unison.

"Take it down a notch" Aria added.

"That mask puts Melissa at the studio. Right now that all it does" I told her.

"She's leaving town and she's about to pin it on my mom before she goes" Hanna told us.

"If she's A" Aria pointed out and I nodded.

"She has to be!" Hanna whisper yelled.

I sighed and opened my mouth to say something when Emily walked over to us.

"Guys..." she trailed off, looking upset.

"Emily, please tell them. We have to do something" Hanna said, holding her arm.

Emily shot her a confused look before sighing and removing her arm from her.

"You ok?" Spencer asked, frowning in concern.

"My dad's home" Emily told us.

"Isn't that usually a good thing?" Aria asked, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"No. He's back because family services wants to talk to us" Emily revealed.

Our eyes widened as we glanced at each other before turning back to her, asking questions.

We were so invested in the conversation that we didn't notice two people inside a car watching us.

In The Courtyard

The girls and I met at the courtyard and sat down at one of the tables so we could continue our conversation.

"What if Hector realizes Melissa's mask is missing?" Aria asked, worried.

"That guy has so many heads he'll never miss one" Hanna rolled her eyes.

"I think I have to write that sentence down" I chuckled in amusement.

We heard a phone chime and we turned to see Emily taking her phone out.

"It's my dad. He wants me to come straight home after school" Emily sighed, setting her phone down.

"Come on, they can't really think that there's something wrong with your family" Aria frowned.

"I don't know what they think. I lied about getting hurt, I lied about the pills..." Emily trailed off.

"Little lies" Aria tried to reassure her.

"That's the problem. A big lie gives you something to hang onto" Hanna said.

"The trouble starts when you shave the truth and it just gets all twisted up" I finished.

Spencer and Emily frowned while Aria sighed and gathered her things.