Chapter Fourty-Three: CTRL: A

Ethan's Pov

A week has passed and me and Spencer have been sleeping over at Aria's house.

Neither of us wanted to go home because of what we found out. We didn't want to look or talk to dad so we asked Aria if we could sleepover and we're lucky that she agreed and didn't ask any questions.

Spencer's been sleeping in her room while I've been sleeping on the couch.

It's not really that bad but my body's beginning to ache and my neck is starting to hurt.

But I can handle it, especially for another few days.

"Our championship Rosewood Sharks are running a little behind but they'll be here any minute"

"Where are they?" Spencer asked.

"I told my mom we'd be studying at the library so that's covered" Aria said.

"Good" Spencer nodded.

"Ethan, are you sure you want to do this tonight?" Aria asked.

"Yeah, are you kidding? We have to find out what this guy knows about Ali. And why his number was in Ali's, or well, Vivian's coat" I said.

"And we finally got this meeting set, so it's gotta be tonight" Spencer said.

"I get that, but what if something happens to Ethan? What if this guy isn't all that he says?" Aria asked, worried.

I smiled softly at her and patted her shoulder.

"Don't worry, Aria. I'll be fine. And besides, I can handle anything" I reassured her.

"Yeah, and we're gonna have his back the whole time, always" Spencer nodded.

Aria sighed and nodded, making me smile at her.

Aria glanced at me and Spencer before looking at both of us.

"So, my mom talked to your mom" Aria said.

This made Spencer close her eyes and take a sharp inhale, while I clenched my fist and took a few deep breaths.

"Look, it wasn't just one sleepover, guys. It's been a whole week. My mom just wants to know why you guys aren't going home. Ethan, my mom's worried that if you continue sleeping on the couch you won't be able to move properly" Aria said, looking at us in worry.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"We just, we can't deal with our family right now" Spencer said.

"Can I help?" Aria asked.

Me and Spencer glanced at each other before sighing and shaking our heads.

We're not ready to tell the girls about Jason being our half brother, or well brother, with everything that we're dealing with we don't want to add anything else to the big mess we're stuck in.

We'll tell them when the time is right.

Suddenly we heard cheering and clapping and we turned around to see Emily and her team walking out with smiles on their faces while Emily was carrying a huge trophy in her hands.

"Yeah!" me, Spencer and Aria cheered for them.

We saw Maya walk towards Emily as Emily handed the trophy to another team member and made her way towards Maya.

I smiled as I saw the two of them hug before me and the girls walked towards them to congratulate Emily.

"Way to go, champ" I grinned.

"Hey" Emily chuckled.

The two of us hugged before pulling away as she hugged Spencer and Aria.

Hanna smiled as she walked towards us.