Chapter Six: Reality Bites Me

Ethan's Pov

After everything that happened yesterday, the girls slept over at our house.

They were all scared to sleep in Spencer's room because of the message on her mirror. So we all slept in my room.

Spencer and Aria took my bed, Emily took the couch and I set up a mattress for both me and Hanna to sleep on.

Morning came by and now we were all in the living room and kitchen.

Aria sat on the couch, holding the letter A sent to her mom. While me and the other girls were in the kitchen.

Emily and Hanna were sitting on the chair stools while me and Spencer were making breakfast.

Apparently A sent a letter to her mom, saying that Mr. Montgomery had an affair with one of his students. And that Aria knew about it.

So to say she was having a shitty day would be an understatement.

Pretty sure we all are having a shitty day.

"A sent this letter to my mom" Aria said, not taking her eyes off the letter.

"You know it's not your fault, right? It's your dad's mistake. Totally" Emily said and I nodded.

"No, it is my fault" Aria said but I shook my head at her.

"You did not hook up with her and then ask your kid to cover for you" I argued, earning a nod from Spencer.

"Ali said I should've told my mom right after it happened" Aria sighed.

This made all of us look at her in shock. Well, I was in half shock.

Alison told me that she knew a secret about Aria's. But she never told me what it was. 

"Ali? Alison knew?" Emily asked.

"Yeah. She was with me" Aria nodded.

"So Alison saw this Meredith person?" Spencer asked.

Aria nodded while Hanna turned to me and Spencer with wide eyes in shock.

"Meredith? Her name's Meredith? Ew. That's not a cute girl name. I'm seeing big pores and mousy roots" Hanna scoffed.

Me and Spencer gave her disapproving looks and I shook my head at her.

"Buttercup, I think it's a little too soon to joke" I said and Spencer nodded.

"I'm sorry. But if you're gonna cheat...do it with someone who deep conditions her hair" Hanna scoffed, shaking her head.

Aria closed her eyes and sighed.

Me and Emily gave Hanna looks of disbelief. While Spencer sighed and put a plate with a bagel in front of her.

"Here, put something in your mouth besides your foot" Spencer said in a stern scolding tone.

I nodded while Hanna sighed. She turned around to look at Aria and gave her an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry, ok" Hanna said.

Aria gave her a small smile and nodded.

"Look, all I'm saying is that when my dad left...laughing sometimes helped. So did crying" Hanna softly said.

Aria's eyes widen as she shook her head and stood up from the couch.

"My father hasn't left, guys. I mean, this happened over a year ago" Aria said, walking over to us.

Me and the girls remained silent and glanced at each other before looking back at Aria. Aria noticed our looks and grew worried.

"You think he's gonna leave?" Aria asked.