Chapter Seventy: Will The Circle Be Unbroken?

Ethan's Pov

I had a hard time coming to school. I really didn't want to be here.

Alyssa dragged me out of bed and helped me get ready. She made me breakfast and made sure all my stuff was in my bag before we left for school.

I was currently putting some books away in my locker while Alyssa stood next to me.

"Babe, I know that your best friend helping the enemy is terrible, but you can't let that bring you down" Alyssa softly said.

I sighed and closed my locker and turned around to face her.

"Right now, he's my ex-best friend. And I know I shouldn't let it bring me down, but it just hurts" I said.

"I know it does. Believe me, I would be feeling the same way you are if I was in your position. But you have to find a way to move past it" Alyssa softly explained.

"I don't know if I can" I sighed.

Alyssa frowned and took my hand into hers, caressing the top of it gently.

"Ethan!" a familiar voice yelled out to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion and turned around, only to see Melissa running towards me.

She looked...relieved...?

And why was Principal Hackett with her?

When she was close she immediately brought me into a hug.

"Oh, Ethan, thank god you're here. I was worried about you" Melissa sighed.

I glanced at Alyssa, who looked confused as I was, before hugging my sister back.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why would you think I'm not?" I asked, confused.

She placed a kiss to my head before pulling away.

"I texted you last night but you never responded and I freaked out when I didn't see you in bed this morning" Melissa explained.

"Oh, well my phone died last night" I shrugged.

"And I had gone over and woken him up so we could head to school together. I didn't want him to be late" Alyssa piped in.

Melissa sighed in relief as she sent my girlfriend a thankful smile.

"Just don't scare me like that again. Now, please tell me you know where Spencer is" Melissa begged.

I frowned in confusion and shook my head.

"Spencer? No, I haven't seen her" I said.

"Are you serious? Aren't you two always together?" Melissa asked, the fear was returning.

"We are, but she told me she needed some space, she was going through some things" I explained.

Melissa let out a groan as she tugged at her hair harshly.

Alyssa scooted closer to my side, placing her hand onto my arm, causing me to glance at her.

"Melissa, you're scaring me, what's going on?" I asked, clearly worried.

"Spencer didn't come home last night. She's not answering her phone, I was hoping she was with you, which is why I came here" Melissa explained.

Hold up, what?

Spencer...she's missing...?

Where the hell did she go last night? And why hasn't she called any of us or texted us?

"She didn't tell you anything?" Melissa asked.

"No, she really didn't tell me anything" I frowned.

Melissa sighed as she gripped her purse tightly.