One (1) - Just His Friend

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,165 words}

A/n: This is a Jean Kirstein x Fem! Reader fanfiction, which means you'll be Y/n, but your last name is chosen by me, though your appearance is still based on you. Also, your parents here are my OC's. I don't really want to drag your parents into this story, because it might not be appropriate.

- Year 847 -

Y/n looked up and smiled upon seeing the clear skies. The weather for today is great and refreshing which Y/n is so thankful for because today's the day of her enlistment in the cadet corps.

It's still early but Y/n already left her house, carrying her two bags full of her things and her guitar that is fully covered with it's customized bag.

The reason why Y/n is still not going to the cadet corps is because she's waiting for her best friend, Jean.

They agreed to meet up in front of their favorite beanery and have breakfast first before enlisting.

"Hey, idiot."

Y/n almost jumped out of shock when someone grabbed her shoulder. She looked back and frowned upon seeing Jean. Just like her, he's also carrying two bags. "You scared me!" Y/n said.

Jean just smirked at her. He took Y/n's hand bag and her guitar to carry it for her. Y/n smiled because of Jean's gallant actions. He can be an asshole sometimes but he's a kind man. Y/n thought whilst she stare at Jean.

"C'mon. Let's have breakfast." Jean said and went inside of the beanery.

Y/n quickly followed behind him. They sat on their usual spot. A table for two person near a small window.

A waitress went over to their table to take their orders. Jean was the one who ordered for the both of them.

Y/n was staring at Jean while she speaks to the waitress. She can't help but admire Jean's side-profile. The young man has a long face, but his jaw is perfectly shaped even at such a young age, his nose is pointy, and his lips are small. His eyeslashes are long, and when you look at his small brown eyes, his stares are pretty intense.

Y/n slapped herself to stop herself from staring at Jean too much.

Oh My Walls...Stop staring at him or else you'll actually be busted!

Y/n thought.

Jean looked at Y/n, his brows furrowed upon seeing Y/n gently slapping her cheeks. "What are you doing? Are you sleepy?" Jean asked.

"Huh...? What? Why am I sleepy?" Y/n asked in confusion.

Jean crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned on the back rest of his chair. "You're slapping yourself."

Y/n stopped and cupped her own cheeks. She stared at Jean for a few moments, dumbfounded. A small laugh came out from Jean's mouth.

"You look like an idiot." Jean said.

Y/n frowned. She picked up a tissue on the side and crampled it, then she threw it to Jean who just laughed as he dodged. Y/n wanted to stay pissed off at Jean, but she can never do that.

She's too in love with her best friend to feel pissed off towards him.

Hell, she can't even get mad at him.

Y/n is weak for Jean.

Her weakness is Jean Kirstein.

"Whatever. I hate you." Y/n said. She rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue

Jean stopped laughing. He suddenly became serious as he stares at Y/n.

"So...why did you want to join the cadet corps and become a soldier? Didn't you say you want to become a (dream job) and live a normal life?" Jean asked in a serious tone.