Eighteen (18) - The 57th Expedition

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,365 words}

- Karanese District -

"Commander!! Almost ready!"

Erwin looked up at the soldier on top of the wall who shouted at him.

"We led the nearest titans some distance away!! Thirty seconds to gate opening!!" The soldier said, still in a loud voice, enough for Erwin and the others survey corps scouts to hear.

The survey corps are now lined up in front of Karanese district's gate.

"This is it!! Now the human race takes another step forward!! Show me what you've learned!!" Darius shouted to the new scout recruits behind him.

All of the recruits along with their seniors let out a scream as they all raised their blade mid-air shaking it.

"Open the gate!!"

The gate of Karanese started slowly going up. Y/n who's in between Mike and Hange looked up and stared at the sky. This is the first time I'm going outside the walls. I don't even know if I'll be able to come back alive. But screw it. This is the path that I chose.  should commit to it. Y/n thought.

*Thud*

A loud thud was heard when the gate was completely opened. "Launch the 57th expedition outside the wall! Advance!!" Erwin shouted and made his horse gallop fast forward.

Hange, Mike and Y/n are behind him. The three quickly followed the blond-man and the other scouts followed behind them. The Levi squad are in the middle while the new recruits are at the very back of their formation.

Y/n wore the hood of her survey corps cloak to refrain herself from getting distracted by any titans that might come for them. And just like what she's expecting a 10-meter* class titan from their left is approaching.

"10-meter class* titan approaching from the left!!" Hange said.

Two soldiers flew mid-air and went behind the titan to kill it. They were able to sliced it's nape, but their cut was shallow and not deep enough.

The titan made a destruction from the buildings between it, and almost reaching the relay teams making Sasha to shrieked. "Don't panic! The defense squad will handle him! You just keep going forward!" Darius said.

"Advance!! Advance!!" Erwin shouted.

The survey corps were able to get pass through the land of inner wall Maria. "Formation for long distance enemy detection! Deploy!" Erwin said.

The scouts started scattering around the vast land of wall Maria. Y/n was about to join Abel in the cart guard teams, since she was assigned their, but she was stopped by Hange.

"Y/n, you're staying with Erwin. You have another job for this expedition." Hange said.

Y/n's brows furrowed. She looked at her uncle who's  just in front of her.

Hange then left to join her squad in the other teams, leaving Y/n confused.

Y/n looked back and saw the Levi squad behind them, she also daw her co-trainees joining their own assigned teams. Y/n just sighed and followed her uncle. She catched up to his side.

"Why am I going to stay here, commander?" Y/n curiously asked. There are other two soldiers with them under Erwin's command.

"I need you to catch the spy." Erwin said, shocking Y/n. "I believe that the spy is hiding among us right now. Beside Levi, you're the only one I can trust in catching our enemy. If you can't catch that person, I know you'll be able to know who it is." Erwin said.