Thirteen (13) - Wings of Freedom

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,545 words}

Ian, Rico, Mitabi and another Garrison soldier who were leading their own squad were in horror right after witnessing Eren smashing his large first on the roof Y/n's standing on. The four Garrison squad-leaders were even more scared upon seeing Y/n only half-conscious on the edge of the roof. "HEINRICH!" Ian shouted.

"Dammit! He's gonna punch her again!" Rico said upon seeing Eren raising his fist one more time.

"GET YOUR ASS UP, HEINRICH!" Mitabi shouted.

Y/n who's only half-conscious can only heard their voices echoing inside her mind. She can't hear them clearly, but she knows that they're telling her to quickly get away from the green-eyed boy. ""W-wait...E-Eren...it's...me, Y-y/n..." Y/n muttered.

Eren stared at Y/n for a few moments. The h/c girl can see that Eren's trying his best to hold himself back from hurting his friend. But, in no success, Eren still can't control himself.

Y/n was quick to stand up, she hooked her wires on Eren's forehead and brought herself up just before Eren punched the roof once again. Y/n landed on Eren's shoulder, she stared straight into the eyes of Eren's titan.

"Y/n, don't! Get away from him!" Ian said, but Y/n didn't listen to him.

"Eren!" Y/n shouted.

The boy's titan form stared back at
Y/n. Y/n's kept her blades. She placed her hand on the cheeks of Eren's titan. It was such a gentle touch that even Eren who's inside his titan felt it.

"Don't you remember me?! It's Y/n! Your friend!! You have to pick up this rock and plug the hole!" Y/n said while pointing at the big boulder.

Rico gritted her teeth. She took out a signal flare gun and loaded it with a red smoke. "The mission's failed! I knew...there was no secret weapon!" Rico said then fired the red smoke.

Y/n kept her wires hooked onto Eren's forehead. She's holding the big face of Eren's titan form hoping to make him able to control his titan. "Eren! You're human! You're--"

"Out of the way, Y/n!" Ian shouted.

Y/n's eyes widened when she saw Eren clenched his left fist and attempting to punch her away. She muttered a curse under her breath and quickly got away, Y/n was in disbelief when she saw that Eren punched himself.

The green-eyed boy's titan fell back on tbe boulder with his face smashed by his own doing. Y/n landed on the roof where her superiors are staying.

"What the hell...?" Rico said.

"He's just another stupid titan..." Mitabi said.

"Eren!" Y/n shouted. She groaned right after shouting, Y/n felt pain on her stomach. She knew it, she might have broken some ribs from that fall.

"Squad-leader Ian! Two titans are approaching the front gate! A 10-meter and a 6-meter* class! There's one more coming up from behind! We've got a 12-meter* class ahead heading this way!" A soldier said.

Y/n, Ian and everyone else were shocked. The trainees and the other soldiers who're luring the titans, seems to have failed in their mission.

"Ian! We're pulling out! Havibg the kid block the gate is the last thing we need to worry about rught now!" Mitabi said.

"Yeah...we've gotta leave him here..." Rico said.

Y/n gritted her teeth and groaned. She held onto her blades tightly that her knuckles turned white, she glared at her superiors, never-minding that she's just a trainee. Y/n doesn't care.