Thirty-Five (35) - Interior Police

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,980 words}

- Royal Capital of Mitras -

Erwin's thick eyebrows shot-up upon seeing two children are being chased by a furious old noble man.

Erwin's inside a carriage along with his friend, Nile Dok of the MPB. The

They're on their way to the military tribunal for Erwin's royal summon.

"Is that a gang of child thieves? I didn't think the royal capital would ve in such bad shape." Erwin said.

Nile frowned, he crossed his arms over his chest and stared outside.

"It's the same everywhere. Even if you try to crack down, the holding cells are already overflowing." Nile said.

Nile then looked at Erwin with his unamused look. "So what do you mean calling an MP like me off the job at a time like this? Can't even handle a royal summons on your own? I'm not in the mood for a chat about our days in the training corps." Nile said.

Erwin smiled a bit.

"Cut some slack, Nile."

Nile looked away from the blond-male and just stared at nowhere.

"I was sure...you were going to die an early death. Your right arm's already waiting for you in the afterlife. Is it because you still believe in those delusions you talked about as a kid?"

(A/n: Please...Nile's so mean lmao.)

Erwin looked down, his small smile remained on his lips, the blond-male then stared outside.

"Yeah...and those delusions are turning into reality." Erwin said.

"...Good for you." Nile said, not even sure if he's sincere or being sarcastic.

Erwin looked at the dark-haired man. "By the way, Nile. Minister Nick was tortured then killed by the MP's interior first squad. Were you aware of that?" Erwin asked.

Nile's eyes widened a bit, he looked at Erwin with a little surprise look.

"...No."

Erwin nod. "...I see. It seems they wanted to know Eren's location. Why do you MPS want Eren so badly that you're willing to kill for him?"

"We're...just following orders from above. We don't know their reasons. And while we're the face of the military police brigade, the interior MPS are on the other side. Our chain of command is different, and we don't have any contact with them...even we don't know what they're thinking. There's no one who exercises official control over them, either. They have a pass to do whatever they want."

Erwin just nod his head after the commander of the MPB explained. Nile looked at the blond-man with a questioning look. "Did you want to ask something so obvious? You're not getting anything out of me, you know." The dark-haired man said.

"What do you think?" Erwin asked.

Nile raised a brow as he stare intently at the blond-man. ".....About...?"

Erwin looked at Nile.

"Do you think handing Eren to them will save these walls from danger? What do you think?" Erwin asked.

Nile immedietely looked away.

"That's not something for me to think about. I just do the work given to me."

Erwin smiled a bit as he nod his head. "Is Marie well? I heard your third is on the way." Erwin said.

Nile slightly frowned, as he side-eyed Erwin. "Can you focus your questions a bit?" Nile sarcastically asked.