Thirty (30)

{Short Chapter Ahead - 2,290 words}

A/n: Sorry. I can't think of any possible title for this chapter.

"The inhabitants of wall Rose did as they were taught in drills preparing them for a second wall breach. They evacuated to the old underground city inside wall Sina. As was predixted, the food supplies that were meant to feed those still remaining, over half of humanity... wouldn't last more than a week. In other words, if wall Rose was actually breached, humanity would enjoy only one more week of peace. If they were forced past that, the people would have to choose. Starve and die...or steal and live. Surrender everything...or throw it all away. Confirmation that wall Rose was still intact...came one week after the crisis began."

Commander Pyxis said.

Pyxis' sitting on a sofa on Erwin's left. Levi is sitting on a chair on Erwin's right side, Fredrick is just standing in front of the window and Erwin is sitting on his bed. "Or it'd be more accurate to say that we had no choice but to insist that wall Rose was safe...after that week. The evacuees are now returning to their homes. Thankfully, that was the only case where we had to use military force during this chaotic situation. When we evicted the squatters who had been living in yhe old underground city...some of them clashed with the military police. There were no deaths, but it left a big impression on the people living inside all of the walls...for a moment, they saw what would happen if the pot boiled over." Commander Pyxis said.

"Everyone got a first hand reminder. If wall Rose really falls, they'll have one week of respite before men begin killing each other again." Pyxis added.

Erwin remained silent as he syare at nowhere and processed everything the commander of the Garrisons said.

"I'm sorry, Erwin. I know you've only just recovered enough to talk us...but I understand if you'd rather go back to sleep than hear what we have to say." Levi said.

Erwin looked at Levi. "No, I'm tired of sleeping. Please continue."

Levi stared at the blond-man for a while. The raven-haired then looked at his missing right arm. "It's too bad about your right arm." Levi said.

Erwin bitterly smiled as he looked at his missing right arm. He then looked at Levi, again. "How many hundreds of men do you think I've sent out to be eaten by titans? One arm isn't nearly enough to make up for that. I hope I'll be able to pay back the rest when I end up in hell." Erwin said.

"Sounds good...mind if I come visit when we we both make it down there?" Commander Pyxis said.

Fredrick almost laughed, but it's not the time to laugh, also he doesn' want to get killed by Levi for laughing.

Fredrick opened the window, he took out a cigarette and lighter from his pocket and started smoking.

No one minded, though...probably.

"What's wrong, old man? Giving up? Maybe you need another drink." Levi said. Commander Pyxis frowned.

"Aye, it's the perfect time for a drink. "Commamder Pyxis looked at Anka who's standing on the side. "Sadly, this one's taken it all away from me... O'course she says she won't change my diapers like a good mother."

Erwin chuckled. "Haha...I see you have an excellent aide by your side."

Levi turned to look at Fred, he glared at the man while Fred just smiled at him and shrugged. "Tch...I hope your lungs gets burned today." Levi said.

"I've been smoking for years, Levi. My lungs are already burned, I think..." Fredrick said.

"I wonder why you're not yet dead?" Levi said.