Twenty-Four (24) - Beast Titan

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,040 words}

Y/n slowly opened her sleepy eyes.

She let out a yawn whilst she roamed her eyes around, her brows furrowed upon noticing that Ymir and Reiner are nowhere to be found.

Connie, Krista, Bertolt, Nanaba and Gelgar are still asleep. Y/n already knows where Henning and Lynne might be, the two are on the roof and keeping on look-out for everyone else.

"You awake?"

Y/n almost jumped out of shock when someone beside her spoke.

She looked at her side and saw Payne sitting beside her, he's leaning on the wall and eyes closed. "Your two former co-trainees left... I think they went to the upper room." Payne said.

The blond-guy opened his eyes and looked at Y/n, their kiss repeated on his mind, but he quickly brushed it off. Y/n immediately looked away to not make anymore awkward tension between them. The h/c girl stood up.

"I'll just check on them." Y/n said.

Payne just nod. He watched the h/c girl leave. When the h/c girl is already out of his sight, Pyane covered his mouth and let out a silent scream.

Damn jt! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Now we're awkward with each other! What should I do?! Ugh! Why did I have to kiss her?! Why did we have to kiss?! I hate myself right now!

--

Y/n raised a brow when she saw Reiner standing near a door of a room. Reiner Braun... the h/c girl chose not to make her presence known. She hid behind a wall and listened to whatever Reiner will say.

"What're you doing, Ymir...?"

Y/n raised a brow from the mention of her friend's name.

"Creeping into a girl's room at night, Reiner...? That's surprising...you didn't seem like the kind of guy who was interested in women..."

The h/c girl almost laughed because of Ymir's sarcasm. That's just so like her.

"Sure...and you don't look to me like the kind of girl who's interested in guys."

Y/n smirked, she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned on the wall. Well, it's obvious. That bitch loves a very sweet and kind, cute blond girl.

"Hah...I'm just digging around for something to fill my stomach. This'll probably end up being our last supper."

"I wanted to ask you...when Connie was tslking about his village, you... changed the subject on purpose, didn't you? If you can, I want you to keep acting that way...so that...he doesn't get too worried about his family..."

Y/n's brows furrowed once again, she looked at Reiner, even though it's only his back she can see. I don't know what they talked about since Payne and I were outside...but I'm guessing Ymir said something insensitive...

"What're you talking about?...ooh! This'll do. Herring isn't my favorite, but..."

Y/n saw Reiner walkee in inside the room. "Any more in there? Let me take a look."

"Here."

"This is canned food? What are these letters? I can't read them. This says... "Herring" on it...? I'm surprised, Ymir...you can read these things...?"

The h/c girl was confused as to what Reiner is talking about, she got curious especially when silence loomed in between Reiner and Ymir.

"All troops, wake up!! Get to the roof!! Everyone, now!!"