Fifty-One (51) - The Reclamation of Wall Maria

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,727 words}

The area within wall Maria represented one third of the land humanity had left.

When the territory was lost five years ago, the loss of human life anf property was massive.

And, as those who remained inside the two walls quickly realized...those losses were only the beginning.

It seemed wrong for us to continue living.

Whether humanity could survive another day...was out of human hands.

Everything was now up to the titans.

Because humanity had no way of defeating them.

"I'm gonna...destroy them!! Every last one...of those animals...that's on this earth!!"

But, that day, one boy...

gripped the dagger in his heart...

And used it to kill a titan...

Stomping it's massive head into the ground.

How did the humans who saw that sight feel?

Some were filled with pride.

Some were filled with hope.

Some were filled with rage.

But all of them screamed.

Now, if wall Maria is taken back...

...What scream will fill humanity's hearts?

Can they ever believe again...

...That there is a place for them in this world?

Can they rver be made to believe...

...That they control their own destinies?

If these soldiers....

...Can retake wall Maria...

"Whoa...!"

Levi, Y/n and Dirk immediately looked back at a soldier who almost slipped, luckily, he was able to hold onto his horse's reigns.

"Hey! Keep the light on your feet!"
Y/n said, feeling nervous for the man.

"S...sorry." The soldier said.

Y/n sighed and shook her head. She looked at their way, making sure her shining ore is lighting theit way. They're now inside a mountainy forest going to Shiganshina district.

"Are we still not to the foot of this thing? It's almost dawn." Levi said.

"If we can get past this mountain, we'll be close to Shiganshina."
Dirk said.

Y/n looked back at her friends, her brows furrowed upon sighting some-thing humongous on Jean's left. Her eyes widened upon realizing what is it. And looks like Jean knows, too.

"TITAN TO THE LEFT!" Y/n and Jean said in unison, everyone became alerted. They drew their blades out and pointed their lights towards the sitting, sleeping titan on the left.

"Everyone halt!! Illuminate the area!"

Hange immediately stopped the
Y/n and the Levi squad who tried to charge at the titan. "...It's okay. He's dozing away. This little one doesn't seem to be one of the newer types that can move around at night....."

Y/n and the others relaxed, they just let the titan and continued on their way. "Heh heh...too bad. We'll leave him." Hange said, even blushing a bit.

Y/n sighed in relief, she was a little surprised when Jean's alredy beside her. "Your hands are shaking..." The young man spoke. "Are you scared?"