Twenty-Seven (27) - The Mission to Retrieve Eren

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,275 words}

It's been five hours since Eren and the survey corps soldiers battled with the armored titan and colossal titan.

The sky became completely clear and the surroundings is just peaceful.

The survey corps soldiers who got caught in the explosion caused by the colossal titan are all unconscious.

Hange, Keiji, Nifa, Abel, Mikasa are included in the injured scouts.

"You should calm down. It's not your fault as to why those traitors were able to transform." Payne said to Y/n.

The h/c girl glared at nowhere, her arms are crossed over her chest and her brows are furrowed.

Y/n have been feeling annoyed for the fact that she wasn't able to kill Bertolt and Reiner when she had already worked with Mikasa in attempting to bring down the two "warriors."

"You managed to hit them anyway, that'll do, sugar. You did your best so stop sulking." Payne said.

Y/n let out a fustrated sigh, she shut her eyes and pulled her hair out of annoyance. "It's not enough for me, Payne. That was our last chance to get those damned guys. If only I did it right! And worst, I passed out after Reiner pushed me because I hit my head on the wall! Damn it! I feel so useless!" Y/n said, full of annoyance.

Payne let out a heavy sigh, he just stared at Y/n and didn't say anything anymore. It's useless...she won't stop frustrating about it. "You have an obssession in doing things right..."

What Payne said made Y/n to pause. And when Payne noticed her reaction, he immediately regretted what he said. Whoops. Did I say something right? I did, didn't I? Payne thought.

The blond-guy's brows shot-up when he saw Y/n finally calming down. There ya go... "I don't like failing...it makes me feel unworthy." Y/n said.

Payne was taken aback. "Wha..."

"I'm scared to fail in the things I do, because there'll be people who'll get disappointed. That's why I don't like failing." Y/n said. The h/c girl looked at Payne and stared at the blond-guy.

"The feeling of disappointing someone, and getting scared that they'll leave you for not being able to do things right...I don't want that... That's why I don't want to fail."

Payne wasn't able to say anything, he just stared at Y/n with a little suprised look. Y/n let out a deep sigh, she turned her back on Payne and walked out from him. The blond-guy came back to his senses. "You know, failure is part of life." Y/n stopped on her track. "No matter how much you try to become perfect, you'll still fail...it's an inevitable thing, dove. You can't erase failure in your life." Payne said.

The h/c girl stared at the ground with furrowed brows and pursued lips.

You're right, Payne. But still...I don't want failure in my life. I mean, who would want failure? Surely no one. But it's inevitable. So the only thing my foolish self can do is to avoid it...

"Don't worry."

Y/n almost jumped out of shock when Payne is already beside her, the blond-guy held her shoulder, making her to look at him. Payne flashed her a small smile. "Even if you fail a million times, I won't leave ya, baby!"

Y/n's eyes widened a bit as she was taken aback by what Payne said.

"And that's a promise!" Payne said.

The h/c girl was stunned when Payne interlocked his pinky with her pinky. Y/n blinked twice, trying to process what Payne just said, while staring at their cute interlocked pinky fingers.