Six (6) - Scout Veterans

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,712 words}

Jean placed both of his arms on the table and leaned her head on top of his arms. He stared at his best friend, who's busy knitting a beige cardigan that she said she'll give to him since winter season is almost coming.

And Je,an have been thinking about his first kiss that was stolen by Y/n.

It's been bothering him, especially that Y/n can't even remember it, or anything that happened during their day-off one month ago. The booze really messed up with her memory.

"I will knit your name here." Y/n said with a small smile plastered on her lips. "Or maybe just your last name? I think that's more okay. Right?" Y/n looked at Jean and caught him staring at her. She raised a brow and stopped what she was doing. Jean remained unbothered even if Y/n already saw him staring at her. "What?" Y/n asked.

The h/c girl was stunned when Jean reached for her face. She froze on her place after Jean tucked some thin strands of her hair that's on the left side of her face behind her left ear.

"Some of your hair keeps falling, you should some clip or head band next time. Especially when we're training. It might cause you an accident." Jean said. He sat properly and looked away from Y/n, he noticed how Y/n's cheeks became red right after what he did.

Y/n scoffed and looked away from him, too. She looked on the cardigan she's knitting and continued knitting it. "O-okay..." Y/n said in a low voice.

Jean didn't say anything anymore. It's the reason why Y/n secretly glanced at him, she saw him now doodling on his notebook. They're inside their classroom and their class about titans and the history of the walls are done. Everyone's out already, but Y/n and Jean stayed behind just to spend time together. They've been very busy for the past month, training have been so hard, too. The two of them barely had enough time to bond with each other.

Y/n's brows furrowed when she saw that Jean's not just doodling. Instead, he's drawing. Though she can't see what Jean's drawing on his notebook.

Y/n juat shrugged it off and continued knitting the beige cardigan she'll give to Jean. She became so focused that she can't even feel that Jean's keep on glancing at her while he's drawing.

He's making a drawing of Y/n. In the last page of his notebook, he drew the h/c girl, who's sitting on a chair just beside him and knitting a cardigan.

He made sure that he perfectly copied Y/n's side profile. From how her eyes looks from the side, how long her eyelashes are, how her nose and lips looks like and even her current serious look that's plastered on her face. But he added something else...

He put a hairclip on the left side of her head to prevent her hair from falling to down her eyes down to the side of her face. Over all, Jean made a perfect image drawig of Y/n, without his best friend knowing about it.

It's the first time Jean drew Y/n.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Year 848 - Month of December)

Y/n hopped off from her horse as soon as she arrived in front of the survey corps headquarters. She let out a sigh, at the same time a cold smoke came out from her mouth.

It'a already winter season. Tonight is the first snowfall of year 848. It's also the time of celebration for winter solace. Everyone in the military were give a three days of holiday day-off.

Erwin sent Y/n a letter to visit the survey corps headquarters and celebrate winter solace with him.

Y/n fixed her gray winter coat.