Eight (8) - Boyfriend

{Long Chapter Ahead - 8,510 words}

Two weeks have already passed ever since the mock defense drill of the southern 104th cadet corps trainees in the town of Trost disrtrict.

The cooking battle between Sasha and Jean was a success. Jean won despite of his dish onoy being an omelette.

It's all thanks to his mom. Jean won because of her mom's dish, and his favorite and childhood food.

A simple omelette easily beat the delicious meat that Sasha and her group cooked for the cooking battle.

And after the cooking battle between the Sasha and Jean, the young man decided to pay his mother a visit.

Jean apologized for his rudeness towards his mother, he also thanked her for giving him an inspiration.

Mrs. Kirstein was very happy that Jean came back home, and that her son is back his old self that have always been such a sweet boy to her.

Her dearest lovely, Jean-boy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's still early in the morning, the sun hasn't risen yet but Jean's already awake. They don't even have training for the day since it's their  day-off.

Jean quietly made his way to the bathroom. Hr took a bath then changed into his clean casual clothes.

After preparing himself, Jean went out of their dorm, and made his way to the back of their training camp.

When he arrived at his and Y/n's secret and favorite spot, Jean was stunned upon seeing Y/n sitting near the stream. Her legs and feet are soaked in the stream while she's staring at the stream and throwing little pebbles on the fresh water.

The wind gently blew making Y/n's hair to be blown by the wind. Jean pursued his lips as he stared at Y/n's side profile. He felt his heart feeling light as he watched her h/l h/c hair being blown by the wind.

He watched how Y/n slowly tucked some thin strands of her hair at the back of her ears, how she closed her eyes welcoming the wind on her face and how she looks so peaceful feeling the wind. The only thing that Jean can hear is his heart strangely beating fast and loud. The surroundings is noisy because the leaves of the trees, and the dry leaves on the grounds are also being blown by the wind. How could she sit there and do nothing, but still look so alluring? Jean thought.

"How long are you planning to stand there and just stare at me, creep?"

Jean came back to his senses when Y/n spoke. He felt heat crawled onto his face. The h/c girl looked at him with nothing, but a stoic expression.

She's been like that ever since Jean told her those hurtful words 2 week ago. Y/n have been trying her best to avoid Jean, and that makes Jean to feel frustrated, guilty and upset.

He knows very well that it's his fault.

Jean frowned and looked away.

Y/n noticed the slight shade of pink on Jean's cheeks, but the h/c girl just  brushed it off, thinking that maybe it's just one of her silly delusions.

Y/n let out a heavy sigh. She got her legs and feet off from the stream.

Y/n then stood up and was about to go, but she was surprised when the young man had already gotten hold of her wrist to stop her from leaving.

The h/c girl didn't look back at Jean, she just stared at nowhere with wide eyes. With just one touch from her best friend, her heart's a fluterring mess. And she hates it. She hates how much effect Jean has on her. "I'm sorry. Please stop avoiding me now."