Ten (10) - Battle of Trost Arc

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,450 words}

- YEAR 844 -

Y/n's brows furrowed when she felt someone's presence over her.

The warm afternoon wind blew and the sunlight is up, but Y/n couldn't feel it because of whoever's blocking her.

She slowly opened her eyes, only to see Jean over her head. Staring down at her while smiling. Y/n can only see Jean upside-down. "Huh...? Jean...? What are you doing here?" Y/n asked.

Jean smiled even more.

The young boy didn't say anything and just showed Y/n a jar full of the colorful origamis he made himself.

Y/n's eyes lit up. She have always wanted to learn how to make an origami. "Wow! Did you make all of that?!" Y/n asked as she immediately sat up, almost bumping her forehead onto Jean. Y/n smiled widely, she took the jar full of origamis from Jean and opened it. "This is all so adorable!"

"You think so? I spent a few days making all of that." Jean said as he sat beside his best friend and watched her adore the origamis he made.

"Really?! But why?! Is this for me?!" The h/c girl asked, getting excited.

Jean flicked Y/n's forehead. "Of course, dummy. Who else is it for?" Jean said.

Y/n giggled and just hugged the jar. Jean suddenly frowned at her. "But don't you remember why I gave you a jar full of origamis?" Jean asked.

Y/n's brows furrowed as she look at Jean. "Ehhh...? Isn't it because I want it? I always tell you that I want to learn how to make these origamis."

Jean frowned even more. He threw an arm around Y/n's shoulder and lock her neck in his arms. Y/n chuckled and playfully punched Jean's stomach.

"Idiot! Today marks the third year of our friendship. And that's my gift for you. I can't believe you actually forgot what day it is today." Jean said, young Jean-boy pinched the bridge of his nose hoping to ease off his annoyance.

"Who said I forgot?" Y/n asked.

Jean looked at her with one brow raised. He saw Y/n smirking at him.

"What?" Jean asked.

The smirk on the h/c girl's lips faded, then she genuinely smiled at Jean.

The young boy was stunned when
Y/n leaned closer to him and cupped his cheeks. His eyes are wide-open as Y/n planted a soft kiss his forehead.

Jean just stared at Y/n with wide-eyes and cheeks flushed pink. The h/c girl kept her genuine smile as she stare back at Jean and kept her hold on his cheeks. "I'm sorry. I don't have a gift for you. But...let me greet you. Happy three year friendship anniversary to us, Jean-boy! And thank you for this!"

Y/n let go of Jean's face and showed him his first ever gift to her. Jean's lips slowly curved up into a small smile. It's a kind of smile that's so good to look at, because the reason behind his smile is seeing Y/n happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I was wrong. I gave her a gift. But only once..." Jean muttered to himself. He let out a sigh as he watch his best friend leave. "But why am I thinking about that now?" Jean asked himself.

Jean looked down at his hands.

The same hands he used to cup Y/n's cheeks as he  kissed her forehead.

Jean smiled a bit at the memory of
Y/n, the first time the h/c girl kissed his forehead. Ever since Y/n did that to him, Jean have also started doing the same to Y/n. Whenever Y/n's feeling sad, happy, annoyed, or angry.