Seven (7) - Leave

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,575 words}

"You're back. How was your winter solace celebration with your uncle?" Jean asked Y/n. His brows furrowed when he saw the three brown paper bags that Y/n's carrying, he got a glimpse of the canvas she bought.

"Are you gonna paint or what?" Jean asked as he looked back at Y/n.

But the h/c girl didn't answer. She just stared at Jean with a stoic expression. She managed to flash him a smile earlier and even waved at him, but now she keeps remembering Mikasa wearing the beige cardigan she made, it's just making her pissed off. Not at Mikasa but at Jean. "Y/n?" Jean said.

Y/n scoffed and looked away from Jean as she put down the three paper bags in front of Jean. "It's yours, Jean. Happy holidays." Y/n said. Her brows furrowed upon forcing herself to sound happy and even faked a smile.

Jean's brows shot-up, he stared at Y/n, a litte bit surprised, because he didn't really expect that Y/n will give him a holiday present. Well, his girl best friend always gives him a present.

Be it winter solace, new year, thanksgiving, or even during his birthdays. He doesn't even know how many presents he already received from Y/n. "Oh...what are these?" Jean asked. He bent down a little to pick up the three paper bags. He took a peek inside and smiled upon seeing lots of art materials. "Heh...you really know what to give to me, huh." Jean said.

He looked at Y/n, his smile faltered when he caught a gloomy look on Y/n, but the h/c girl quickly turned around so that he'll not see her real emotions anymore. "I'm going to take a nap! I didn't get a proper sleep last night!"

"Huh...?" Jean said in confusion.

He was left dumbfounded when Y/n walked in inside the girl's dorm and "accidentally" slammed it close. Jean stared at the door for a few moments, wondering why his best friends seems weird. "Well...okay. By the way, thank you for this! You're the best, dummy!" Jean said in a loud voice. He waited for a response, but there was none.

Jean let out a deep sigh and just smiled. Then the young man left the girl's dormitory to go back to help Mikasa. The reason why Jean came back is because Mikasa told him that she noticed Y/n arriving. Jean thought that he should at least go to Y/n and ask her how her holiday went.

"I'm sure she had fun." Jean muttered. Then he took a look inside the three brown paper bags he's holding.

"She bought a lot, though." Jean said.

He suddenly stopped walking when he realized something. He looked back at the girl's dormitory with brows furrowed and lips pursued.

Come to think of it...I haven't given her any present. Not even once...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Jean's OVA)

That day, the young man remembered something. The fear of being dominated by them and the shame of being a prisoner in a cage.

Jean's brows are furrowed and his teeth are gritted together while he hides under his blanket and drawing an image of his dream girl. The young man is even sweating while he draws.

He's so eager to perfectly draw an image of a pretty girl with shaggy short black hair, round black eyes, thin and perfect eyes brows, small nose and cute smiling lips. He even drew a shade on both of his ideal girl's cheeks as if it's blushing at him.

Jean's eyes widened when a droplet of his sweat landed on the nose of his ideal girl drawing. He carelessly wiped it, making his drawing to be smudge. Jean gasped and quickly erased the smudge part. He blew the residue of his eraser, making it messy on his bed. Jean gasped as his eyes widened when he heard footsteps.