Forty-One (41) - The Truth

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,300 words}

Memoirs of Greta S. Heinrich
(Page XLV)

- Year 832 -

It's been two years since Greta and Frank's wedding, the two have been married for two years now, and Greta couldn't even be more happier with the marriage life she has.

Besides being happy with her career as a well-known musician inside the walls, Greta is a very proud wife to Franklin, Heinrich, the man have climbed the ranks of the survey corps and is now a veteran/squad captain.

But even if Greta thinks that her marriage is fine...she still can't ignore the fact that things have changed...

Greta crossed her arms over her chest, she's standing n the door and leaning on the door frame, staring outside and waiting for her husband, who's suppose to come home since it's Sunday and the scouts doesn't have any expeditions outside the walls.

It's already late at nigh, but Greta's still awake waiting for her husband.

Instead of getting mad,

Greta feels more concerned and worried for Frank, thinking that what if something bad had already happened to her dear husband?

Maybe that's why Frank's not yet home, though Greta also can't help but feel suspicious since this kind of thing has been going on for the past three months now, though she is just ignoring it, thinking that maybe...

Greta's brows shot-up when she sighted a familiar horse, a small smile crept onto her lips upon seeing Frank, riding on the back of the horse.

"Hon!" Greta happily called her husband, waving at her partner.

Frank smiled a bit and waved back at her. The man stopped his horse in front od their house, hopped off from his horse and tied the reings of his horse on the side. Frank chuckled when Greta rushed towards him, and jumped on him to embrace him.

"I missed you." Greta said.

Frank hugged Greta back, caressing the back of her head.

"Me too. Sorry I'm late again, I had to finish some paperworks." Frank said.

Greta looked at Frank, she smiled and shook her head.

"It's fine. I understand. Have you had dinner already?" Greta asked.

Frank wrappee an arm around Greta's waist as they both walked in inside their house. "Yes. I did already. But I'd like some tea...can you make me one?"

Greta smile sweetly. "Of course. You just wait here. I'll make you your favorite black tea..." Greta said.

Greta sat her husband down on the sofa, then left to go the kitchen.

Frank leaned on the backrest, resting his arms on the sofa's headrest and started relaxing, he stared at Greta's back as he watch her leave.

He gulped upon feeling guilt inside him...Frank looked down and just stared at the floor with tired eyes.

What was the real reason why he's been going home late lately?