3

"Ok, spill

"Ok, spill. What happened between you and Warner?" Bridgette asks.

I was making my bed and getting ready for another challenge day when the girls approach me. Ugh, do we really have to do this now? I woke up in a decent mood this morning, and I really don't want to ruin that.

"I don't want to talk about it," I tell her.

"Ok, I didn't want to say anything," Gwen starts. "But you've been acting different, Mal. We're just worried about you."

"Yeah, girl," Leshawna agrees. "That day you called me, I've never seen you like that."

"What the hell is wrong with you people?" Heather asks annoyed. "Um, hello, this is a competition! Malibu losing her mind should be a good thing."

"I didn't lose my mind. And despite what you think, Heather, we can still be friends while competing in a competition. We did it during season one, and we'll do it again."

"Everyone knows Heather can't keep a friend," Beth says.

"Because she's too busy being nasty," Lindsay finishes with an innocent smile.

Heather huffs and looks away. I don't know why she can't admit that she misses them. It's obvious she's struggling without them. S1 Heather would never let them get away with shading her like that. She's losing her mojo, and I kinda like it.

"But Leshawna told us something really bad happened to you," Bridgette says as she turns her attention back to me.

"Yeah, and now it's over. I'm here now and I just want to win my money- again, so I can start my fashion empire and move on with my life."

"So what, you lost your super amazing manager that you always brag about?" Heather asks. "Guess you're not some big shot after all."

"No, he's still my manger."

But I did lose a friend.

...

"Warner is still my manager. And despite speculation, he is still amazing at his job and I am so grateful for him," I lie through my teeth.