42

"I cannot believe we're back in Canada," I tell Warner.

I toss my sunglasses on my coffee table, and Warner and I both plop down on the couch. I've made a home in Canada, and sure I've missed my mom, my grandma, Tiffany, and even Warner, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss New York. I wasn't even there long, but it made me feel good. Not only am I following my dreams, but it also gave me a sense of nostalgia- Being with dad again, before I was introduced to 'Total Drama.' I felt like I was in my element there, and I miss it.

These last few days have been incredible. I feel so rejuvenated and refreshed, and I feel like a bonafied business woman! I've probably met every single employee in the Nike headquarters, even the janitors! Right now we're in the early stages of my line, so there's been a lot of meetings, phone calls, and my eyes have been glued to my sketchbook trying to create the perfect shoe for my debut. You know, something that just screams 'Malibu Chanel!' As for me and Warner, I'd say things are good, definitely better than before. Get this, all I have to do is avoid talking about all the bad stuff that's happened between us, easy peasy!

"I know," Warner says as he sighs sadly. "I miss New York. Sure the gigantic street rats were a bit much, but all of those lights, the billboards, when we met Bella Hadid!- oh, and the pizza on Mulberry!"

"That was good pizza," I agree with a laugh. "Your first time in New York, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself."

"Yeah, and I'm glad it was with you... Mal, we really need to talk."

I roll my eyes with a huff. Ugh, here we go again. Why does he want to talk about what happened so bad? We should just continue to live in denial, I like denial!

"Warner, can you not? This is the first time in a long time that I'm happy just living in the moment. There's no cameras in my face, the food is edible, and there's no one telling me what I can say and how I should say it."

"I know," he says understandingly. "But-"

"Kids, do you know what time it is?" My mom asks as she barges through the room. "You need to get to the studio, now!"

I look at my watch. Oh, sh1t! She's right.

"I guess it's time to go," I say quietly.

"Is everything ok?" My mother asks the both of us.

I look at Warner, he sighs.

"Everything is fine."

...

Malibu's hair + outfit + shoes