40

'The End of Total Drama'

.

.

.

My hands are sweaty as I write down my vote for tonight's elimination. Owen is a nice guy, but he shouldn't be here. He's not a real contestant, he's Chris McLean's puppet. And Courtney may have been unfairly voted off during season one, but she came into season two on some bs. Cheating the whole time, acting like a complete snob, and threatening to get her lawyers involved everytime she didn't get her way. One of them has to go home- frankly, they should both be kicked off.

My eyes skim across the small piece of paper I have in hand. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I know I deserve to be here, and I know I'm right about both Courtney and Owen. Sure Courtney and I were once friends, and sure Owen can be sweet, but at the end of the day, this is a competition.

"Malibu?" I hear one the Total Drama employees call. "It's time to tally the votes. Have you made a decision?"

"Oh, um... Yes... I guess I have."

I hand them my vote and leave.

Like I said, this is a competition, and no one is getting in my way of following my dreams, not again.

...

"Hey, Beth," I greet her as I take a seat next to her.

"Malibu, hi!" She says nicely. "Wow, the semi finals, congratulations!"

"Thanks! I guess a congratulations are in order for you, too."

"Me? You think I made the semi finals?"

"Well, yeah. I definitely didn't vote for you to be eliminated," I tell her honestly. "I know on 'Island' everyone saw you as just Heather's friend or whatever, but you really found yourself this season, and I think you're great. You're loyal, but you're also a strong competitor. You def made the next round."

"That's really sweet of you! Thanks, Malibu. To be honest, I thought you hated me after..."

"No, I was definitely annoyed, but at the same time, I just didn't understand you. I didn't get why you were so far up Heather's a$$, but after doing some soul searching and putting the pieces together, our situations weren't so different."

"They aren't?" She asks curiously.

"I mean, when it comes to Heather, I don't get it, but I do know what it's like to want that special bond with someone. When I moved to Canada, it sucked! I had to leave all my friends in California behind, my dad, my school- the country! I was so desperate to make friends here that I ignored all the red flags that were literally thrown at me... but I did end up finding some really great people, like how you found Lindsay."

"Yeah," she says embarrassingly as she scratches the back of her neck. "Season one wasn't my proudest moments."

"Same..." I a gree. "Can I ask you something?"