25

Malibu

We walk around the lot not saying a word. Ok, this is super weird, but what do I say? I thought I had this all figured out, but I don't know. What if this is all in my head? I don't want to ruin anything, but this is driving me crazy!

"So..." I start.

"So..."

Ok, just say it Malibu. You've been honest this whole time, this shouldn't be any different- but it is, because I really like Duncan, and Courtney is my friend.

"... I missed you!" We say at the same time.

"Courtney," I say as we both laugh.

"Wait, you really missed me?" She asks.

"Well yeah. Why wouldn't I? By the way, I hate what Harold did to you. I mean, getting you voted off like that? So unfair."

"Oh, don't worry about Harold. He's gonna pay for what he did to me. I'm just glad at least someone is happy to see me back here. It's just, today you seemed a little bothered with me being here."

"I was," I admit honestly. "We're friends right?"

"... Uh, sure."

"I'm just going to be honest with you, because I know you'd do the same with me. I've been thinking and I'm glad you get a second chance since you were cheated out of season one, but I don't think it's fair you get to play by a completely different set of rules."

"Come on, it's not that big of a deal," she says stubbornly.

"Yeah, it kinda is," I tell her.

Not a big deal? If I lose out on a million dollars because of her and her pitbulls- I mean lawyers, I'm gonna be pissed! Who wouldn't? We all have to tolerate Chris and his antics, but it's a chance I'm willing to take to make my dreams come true.

"You have to know I'm just doing what I have to do to survive. Harold of all people got me voted off the first time, and I can't let that happen again. You'd do the same if you were in my position."

"No I wouldn't. You don't think I had to fight to be here? Courtney, I won season one and yet I'm still here. Listen, I'm not here to argue, but I'm also not going to sit here and lie to you and tell you that I'm happy with everything you're doing here."

"Well thanks for being honest with me, I guess. Let's just agree to disagree, k?"

I sigh.

"Fine- but just know that I won't go easy on you. Tell your lawyers to bring it."

We both laugh as we both shake hands.

She's so going down.

"So you've been watching the show? It's been a real sh*t show, hasn't it?" I ask as I awkwardly scratch the back of my neck.

"Yep! I can't believe Duncan and Gwen. Just say the word, and I'll have my lawyers handle them."

"Not you, too. There is no Duncan and Gwen, trust me," I say as I roll my eyes. "But... There has been something bothering me."

"What is it?"

"Well, it's... Everything. I'm trying to make this work with Duncan, but he's so damn frustrating."

"Yeah, because he's an asshole," she says knowingly. "I thought you two were suppose to be together after season one, that's what he said."

"Yes, that's what we agreed on. Then once we found out about season two, he ghosted me. Then we decided to take it slow. Then he decided he didn't want that anymore, but I don't know, it all got too much and I thought maybe he was right. I don't want 'Total Drama' and Chris McLean anywhere near our relationship. Then when things finally seemed to be going ok, you came back, and everything we went through didn't matter anymore. Ever since Lindsay wrote those letters, I haven't heard the end of it. He's accused me of being a flirt when he hasn't stopped flirting with you since you got here. He's even flirt with Heather!"