35

Maybe I need to be honest with myself, maybe it's time to realize that all of the friends I made here on 'Total Drama' are gone. Gwen, Leshawna, Trent, Bridgette, Geoff, DJ, they're all gone. Sure I have Duncan, but I can't even fully trust him, not yet that is. And Courtney... Courtney broke my heart.

...

"There seems to be a lot of tension between you and Courtney," the producer starts. "What happened?"

"Nothing. Courtney and I are fine. Just some friendly competition?"

"Really?" He says with a raised eyebrow. "Because according to Courtney, you two fell out because you were being a mega b*tch."

"What?" I ask. "There's no way she said that!"

"Oh, she said it."

I frown. I wasn't going to sh*t talk her on this show out of respect for our past friendship, and yet she has no problem doing that to me.

"So," the producer continues. "What happened?"

"... Nothing."

...

I could've read Courtney to filth, I could've aired out her dirty laundry. I could've punched the sh*t out of her, but I didn't. I did her a favor, and yet she couldn't give me the same courtesy. She's going down! Ugh, I wish Warner were here. I admit, we had the best talks, and he'd know how to calm me down. I wish we were still friends. I don't know, I forgave Leshawna, maybe I should do the same for Warner. I want to, I just don't know if I'm ready.

"Hey, are you ok?" Duncan asks. "Are you bummed I won the first round?"

Duncan won the first part of the challenge as you can see. I came in second while Courtney came in third. Of course she threw a fit about it. I mean, Duncan winning isn't so shocking. I may be musically trained, but I'm not a 'smash my guitar to pieces' kind of gal, and neither is Courtney. My guitar solo was great, but it was Duncan who showed his inner rock star.

"No, you won fair and square," I huff.

"Then what is it?" He pushes. "Are you still mad at Courtney?"

"What? How do you know about that?"

"The producers told me. I'm on your side by the way."

What? Why would they tell Duncan about that?

"So what happened?" He continues. "I heard she called you a b*tch. If anyone is a mega b*tch, it's her."

"... I don't want to talk about it."

"Come on, is it really that bad?" He asks.

"Listen, Duncan, I know we've been getting along lately, which is great, but we still haven't addressed the elephant in the room."

"What elephant?" He asks confusingly.

"We have a lot to talk about. We've been through so much together, but I don't know if I can always trust you."

"Mal, I'm trying..."

"I know. Me, too. Which is why I'm trying. I want you in my life, but-"

"Baby steps," he finishes for me.

"Yes," I say feeling relieved. "Is that ok? You can let this all go, and we can go our separate way. It's up to you."

I'm probably crazy for letting him back in... For even giving him a choice to leave or stay and try to work things out. But I let Gwen back in, and same for Leshawna- twice actually, and so far so good. I'm just so tired of 'Total Drama' meddling in my life and screwing sh*t up, which is why I didn't tell them about me and Courtney's argument, or me and Justin's conversation, or the fact that Duncan and I are on speaking terms again. I have this horrible feeling that this was their plan all along. To mess with everyone's relationship, and for what? To make ''good tv.'' I'm just going to win my money and leave this franchise behind.