8

Warner

"But you have to tell her! If my daughter gets hurt-"

"I'm sorry, but there is nothing we can do," the executive tells Malibu's mother.

This is bull sh*t. Malibu is going to get hurt, and all they care about is their ratings. The minute I watched the last episode, I knew that Mal was in trouble. Trent may have his... Quirks, but he's right about Gwen and Duncan! We all see the way they flirt with each other. There are blogs speculating that that the reason Duncan hasn't made it official with Mal and practically changed his mind is because he's falling for Gwen, and they're right! He did it with Courtney, let's not forget I have the unedited version of the show.

"This is ridiculous!" I yell at the table of producers. "If you don't let us pull Malibu off the show, I will release the unedited version of Season 1!"

"Which will result in you being blackballed from the business, and you'll never work in this industry again," the producer tells me. "Oh, and we'll sue you."

"I don't c-" I start.

"He won't do it," Malibu's mom interrupts.

I look at her like she's grown two heads. Is she insane? If this keeps going, Malibu will be humiliated and won't trust anyone ever again. I already betrayed her before, this would just be the nail in the coffin.

"He's going to let his lawyers handle this," she continues. "Warner will keep the tapes to himself and he won't make any moves without his legal team."

"We look forward to hearing from them," the main office exec. replies with a cocky smile.

Malibu's mom pulls me out of the room. What could she possibly be up to? She can't let them get away with this. That's her daughter, and those men in those tacky black suits are making a mockery of her.

"I don't understand," I start. "We can't let them win-"

"Warner sweetie, I need you to calm down. Malibu will be fine. She'll get the justice she deserves. This studio is going down."

"And you expect our lawyers to handle everything? These people are billionaires, and you said we won't make any moves unless the lawyer approves."

"I said YOU wouldn't make any moves without YOUR lawyers. I on the other hand agreed to nothing."

"Hm, I didn't think you had it in you, Mrs. Bradford. So what's our plan?" I ask her.

"Meet me at the coffee house in two hours, and bring the tapes."

...

"Who is this?" I ask her once I see her at the coffee house.

She has a man with her. He's a small round man, middle age, and he's bald in the middle. He has an Uncle Phil, Fresh Prince of Belair kind of do. He's wearing a black suit and a pair of sunglasses. Much less tacky than the 'Total Drama' people.

"Warner," she starts. "Meet Allan. He worked on Malibu's father's lawsuit."

"Ok... Nice to meet you."

"You, too, kid. And if you ever need anything, suing for millions, or fighting some traffic tickets, I'm your guy," he says with a thick Jersey accent as he hands me a business card.

"He's going to sue the 'Total Drama' studio and Chris McLean after my daughter is done competing on the show," Mal's mom says.

"But Malibu'll hate that. She doesn't like her father," I say confusingly. "She doesn't want his help."

"Before he worked with her father, he was my mother's attorney," she explains to me.

"I got her out of prison," Allan adds.

"So what can he do for Malibu?" I ask her.

"After the season is over with, we're suing for damages. Damages being Physical and emotional, along with providing a hostile work environment and a number of on set violations."

"And a little birdy told me that Chris McLean doesn't pay his taxes," Allan says with a smirk.

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"I told you, one of my 'little birdies.'

Scary.

"And here's where you come in," Malibu's mother continues. "You are going to give Allan those tapes."

"What?" I gasp. "I can't do that. If those things are released, Malibu is going to be humiliated, and those execs. are going to ruin our life."

"Listen to me," she says calmly. "You and Malibu will be fine. If this footage is released at just the right time, we can say we had nothing to do with it. Do you have copies by any chance?"

"Of course. It's on my hardrive, and I got a DVD made," I answer.

"I've got it all planned out," Allan says. "You send the original copies back to the producers and tell them you want nothing to do with them anymore. After a few weeks go by and the competition comes to an end, I'll leak them. You'll call the executives and accuse them of leaking the tapes. They'll never suspect a thing, Malibu gets her justice, you won't be blacklisted, Chris McLean goes to prison, and the studio will pay for their crimes. Bada bing, bada boom, done!"

"That's actually... A really good plan," I admit.

"That's why I'm in charge," he jokes.

"I just don't get it," I sigh as I turn to Malibu's mother. "Malibu is your daughter... I get why you're helping her, but why me? You could've easily thrown me to the wolves and let me suffer, but you didn't, why?"

"Honey," she says as she places a comforting hand over mine. "I know you and Mal are going through a rough patch right now. You hurt her and you made a bad decision... But I saw the way you made her smile, the way you supported each other, I saw your friendship. I know she'll one day forgive you, and you two will heal together."

"But I betrayed her. I broke her on national television," I say as I start to feel overwhelmed with shame and guilt yet again.

"You can't change the past. You're sorry, and the only way you can make up for it is by doing better and letting her know you'll never ever hurt her again," she explains to me.

"I- I guess you're right."

...

I've been thinking about what Malibu's mom said, and she's right. I need to prove to Malibu that I can be trusted, and I will never ever betray her again. And If that delinquent, the fake goth, and little Ms. Organized with the squeeky voice think that they're going to get away with playing my best friend, then they've got another thing coming. Malibu is too good for all of them, and I regret ever convincing her to do this show.

The crazy part is, she won the show. She won 'Total Drama Island.' She should've been done with this, she should've been $100,000 richer by now, but those producers and Chris McLean were too greedy, and thanks to them, Malibu is going to get hurt again!

And I hope Gwen doesn't think I forgot. She said more about Malibu that the producers cut out. Let's just say, she's always felt threatened by her, and she's never trusted Malibu around Trent, ever. So while she was telling everyone she didn't want Trent, she had it bad for him the entire time.

...

A/N A Warner chapter, what? What does he know that we don't? Keep reading to find out ;)