30

A/n Hey y'all, just letting y'all know that this book is coming to an end. And I can't wait for y'all to read this chapter >:) (this is not the last chapter)

...

Malibu's Outfit

I finish putting on my gown in my dressing room and look at myself in the mirror

I finish putting on my gown in my dressing room and look at myself in the mirror. Wow, I look great! I really look like a princess, and I love my dress... I just don't feel like a princess. Duncan is out there right now playing as a knight and trying to rescue me, and yet we're not even together, we're barely even speak. This should be cute, romantic really, but it just feels icky... On the bright side, I am obsessed with my look for this challenge.

I walk out of my dressing room to find Courtney who looks incredible. She turns around, but her smile drops, seconds later she replaces her frown with another smile.

Ok?

"Courtney, you look stunning!" I compliment.

"Oh, thanks!" She says. "You, too... So what, did you pick green because it's Duncan's favorite color?"

I frown.

"No, I picked green because I love the Princess and the Frog. When the movie first came out, my dad took me to go see it in theaters, he even wore a crown with me. I don't know know, I guess it's just my comfort movie, makes me think of all the good times I had back in California."

"Oh, well you look great."

We both look at the screen. It looks like it's between Duncan, Harold, and Justin.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope Harold wins," I sigh.

"Mal, I thought you were over Duncan."

"I'm trying. I'm over the drama, but I just wish it could've worked out between us. Before Duncan and I admitted our feelings to each other, he was my friend, and losing a friend feels awful."

I hate this. When I first exposed Duncan, I was mad as h3ll, then I kinda just went numb trying to figure everything out, now I'm just sad. I guess you can say I'm mourning what use to be. It's true, Duncan and I got along great during 'Island,' and I guess I miss it. This just really sucks, especially since I'm all by myself here, Leshawna is gone, Warner and I aren't speaking, and I can't call my mom.

"If I were you, I'd just move on. I mean, it's Duncan. You're not missing much."

"I don't care who it is, he still meant something to me."

"I guess I just don't get it," she shrugs me off.

...

"I am completely taken back by Courtney right now. I know she doesn't like Duncan, but I did, and regardless of what she thinks of him, she should still be understanding. Back in California, when my girlfriends were going through a break up, even if they were dating the biggest dushbag on the planet, I was still there for them, and they were there for me! And I would never tell them to just get over it."