39

'The End of Total Drama?- Final Part'
.
.
.

For the next challenge, Chris is taking us to some "unknown" location. Knowing him, he's probably going to leave us stranded somewhere, can't say that I'm shocked. Doesn't anyone remember when Owen, myself, Heather, Duncan, and Gwen were all stranded and we had to fight for lives to make it back to the set by ourselves? There was a pterodactyl, a giant snake, and we admitted our deepest, darkest secrets to each other! I've definitely learned my lesson since then.

Everyone sits in silence on our way to our destination. Duncan sits beside me, eyes closed and laid back. Courtney sits toward the front near Chris, Owen is sitting back probably plotting something, and Beth sits by herself looking out the window. I wish Bridgette, Leshawna, and Gwen were here. I've said it once and I'll say it again, this line up of finalist is just so random, it's definitely been harder trying bond with them vs. the finalist of 'Island.'

"I'm really sorry about you and Malibu," Beth says kindly to Courtney. "I hope you two can make up one day."

"Why don't you mind your business?" Courtney says rudely.

Beth looks down.

"Don't worry, Beth. It's better this way," I assure her. "Once someone shows you their true colors, it's better to believe them the first time. It'll save you the heartache."

Courtney turns around quickly and looks at me.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Just what I said," I reply.

"Well-"

"Cut it out," Duncan interrupts her. "Why do you have to instigate so much?"

"Instigate?" She scoffs. "I'm just taking up for myself, unlike Malibu. What are you, her body guard?"

"You're just looking for a fight."

"Yeah," I agree with Duncan. "And I don't need a body guard. I'll beat a b1tch up-"

"And," Chris interrupts. "We're here!"

...

I, for the most part, have let go of me and Courtney's past friendship. Of course I'm going to miss some parts of her, but... I never realized how mean she is! I've always wrote it off as strong and opinionated. Was I really that blind? Yikes.

"Here we are, gang. Don't you just love field trips?" Chris asks as we step off the bus.

"The woods? Again?" Beth complains.

"Could be worse," I observe. "At least we're not back on the island."

"Your next challenge is to find your way back to the film lot," Chris tells us. "A ten mile hike through these woods, using only your animal buddies to guide you, but be careful, several vicious and life-threatening traps have been set up along the way. First one back wins invincibility. Everyone ready?"

Is it really 'Total Drama' if Chris doesn't leave us stranded somewhere?

"See you all back at the film lot," Chris continues. "And good luck!"

...

"I have an uncanny sense of direction. I'll have us back in camp in no time," Beth says to her raccoon.

While everyone figures out how they're going to get back to set, I know exactly what I'm going to do. This entire time I've been focused on winning AND keeping dead friendships alive. Friends are great, but just like on 'Total Drama Island,' winning comes first. I have a lot to figure out, but ever since my epiphany, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.