4

"Let's get out of here!" Heather exclaims.

Heather and her group runs another way, but I can't follow them. I have an idea where all the alien eggs are.

"Look," I say as I point at the GPS. "The map says the boiler room's east of here."

"Alien eggs are always in the boiler room! Good thinking, California. I didn't think you had it in you," Duncan says.

"Yeah! Great thinking, Mal!" Gwen adds.

"Of course! I do love alien movies."

"Uh, yeah, east it is!" Trent agrees.

As we continue on our way, Duncan stops in his tracks.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks Bridgette and Geoff who follow us.

"With you, to the boiler room," Bridgette answers.

"Sorry, but the lovebirds are on their own," Duncan tells them.

"Huh?" Geoff says confusingly.

"What, really?" Bridgette asks. "Mal?"

"You know I love you, but in any alien flick, the kissing couple is always the first to go," I explain.

That and the black people.

"But all of you are couples-"

"Trent and Gwen haven't made out, DJ is single, and Duncan and I are not dating," I tell her.

"Ouch!" Duncan says dramatically.

I did not say that to be shady, this is so not the time!

"This is it, baby. Better make it good," Geoff cries.

"Yes!" I tell them. "And at the end of every couple's journey in an alien movie, the couple always, um, um... Share one last passionate moment together before they die!"

I lie trying to make the two feel better.

"Right, guys?" I ask, trying to get some help here. We all share the same fake, goofy grin, but they nod in agreement. It seems to be working.

"That is the most romantic thing I've ever heard!" Bridgette explains.

The two begin making out again. Ugh, I can't stand it anymore. When do they breath?

"See," Duncan starts. "They're fine."

...

"So Bridgette and Geoff are for sure going to die. I didn't want to lie to them, but I didn't want them to be sad because we have to leave them behind. Sorry, Bridge, but you two had to go."

...

DJ, Gwen, Trent, Duncan, and I finally make it to the boiler room. I really hope I'm right about this. I sweat as Duncan opens the door. The five of us peer inside. Oh my goodness... They're all here, that's great!

Phew!

"Woohoo, we won! Yeah!" DJ celebrates.

"Not so fast, big guy," Duncan stops him.