16

Warner

"Calm down, I'm sure everything is fine. They probably just want to discuss the show," Malibu's mom says.

"What if they know?" I whisper. "They could ruin my life."

"Allan won't let that happen. You have to trust me, Warner."

Today started out like any other day. I stretched, made a few phone calls, and did my morning affirmations. Next I made a yummy iced chai with vanilla and oat milk, with a multi grain bagel on the side and lowfat cream cheese, whipped of course. Afterwards, I updated my Instagram. You know? The usual. Then they called. 'They' as in the slimy producers of 'Total Drama.'

So here I am, with Ms. B, Malibu's mom, waiting for them to call us in. They actually didn't call Mal's mother here today. I called her because I need her. I would call my own mother, but Sharlene and I aren't close, if you can't tell. Sharlene being the mother I was plagued with. Thanks to Mal, I was able to move into my own place, and I quit my 9 to 5 at the mall. Which is another reason why I need to save Malibu from the evils of 'Total Drama.' I owe her a lot.

"Warner, they're ready to see you," the secretary tells us.

I look at Ms. B, and she places a comforting hand on mine. I breath in deeply, and we head inside. There they are. The men in the tacky suits.

"There he is," Mr. Murphy says with a smile. "My little money maker, and the beautiful Chanel."

"It's Ms.Bradford to you," Mal's mom replies.

"What's this about?" I ask.

"Did you see last weeks episode?"

"Yes?" I answer.

I'm really proud of Malibu. She totally reclaimed her place in the competition, and she's finally back to her old self. She's confident, and she is ready to win that money. I love seeing her smile and being bold and confident in herself again. She was so miserable these past few weeks, and now look at her, she's glowing. Just like the Mal I met that day at the mall who spilled frozen yogurt on my Balenciaga's. I'm glad she isn't letting these rotten people win.

"Malibu just boosted our ratings and reclaimed top spot in the 'Total Drama' franchise. She just earned this studio 3.5 million dollars!"

"That's great, I guess," I mutter.

Maybe now they'll leave her alone.

"Malibu's ratings were declining," Mr. Murphy continues. "And this is just what we needed."

"Impossible. Everyone loves my Malibu," Ms. Bradford chimes in.

"Not when she's being a whiney bitch."

"Excuse me!-" Malibu's mom exclaims.

"Wait a minute!" I stop her from exploding. "Now what do you mean by her ratings were declining?"

"We noticed a shift in her fanbase. Her approval ratings were down 2%" he explains. "Listen, I'm just being honest here. Mal's fanbase saw a change and many have expressed their worries, but now she's back to her old self and people love her again."

2%? That's it?! These people are impossible!

"Ok, that's great!" I say genuinely. "So why did you bring me here?"

"Well, we just wanted to make sure we're on good terms. And we wanted to let you know of the changes that are going to happen."

I look at the exec. confusingly.

"What do you mean? What kind of 'changes'?" I ask.

"Well, 'Total Drama' is facing a lawsuit, and we think Malibu can help us out while also giving the fans what they want. As much as the fans love Malibu, this is still 'Total Drama.' And if we want to stay true to the brand, we need to bring back the drama."