Isabella and Steven Universe: The Movie

The movie opens with a series of red curtains being pulled apart, lighted by two spotlights to reveal the title: "Isabella and Steven Universe: The Movie". As the opening credits begin with a montage of scenes, the Diamonds begin to sing.

White Diamond: Isabella and Steven. Everyone believes in...

Blue and Yellow Diamond: Everyone believes in...

The Diamonds: Isabella and Steven!

White Diamond: All across the universe!

Yellow Diamond: Ever compassionate,

Blue Diamond: Can you imagine it?

White Diamond: Even with us at our worst?

Blue Diamond: Hybrid children of a Diamond,

Yellow Diamond: Human children of a Rose,

The Diamonds: What a revelation,
They're a revolution, Gems that love and grow!

White Diamond: Isabella and Steven. Have you heard the tale of...

Blue and Yellow Diamond: Have you heard the tale of...

The Diamonds: Isabella and Steven? Always putting others first! Can you imagine it? Ever compassionate, Isabella and Steven Universe!

The song ends as a gilded purple book on a silver stands opens up as White starts to narrate, "Once upon a time, the Gem Homeworld was ruled by Diamonds: White, Yellow, Blue, and the littlest Diamond, Pink. While the other Diamonds conquered many worlds across the galaxy, Pink had only one-the planet Earth. One day, Pink fled the comforts of Homeworld. On Earth, she made a new home, new friends, and finally, new lives; giving up her form to bequeath her gem to both her half-human daughter and her half-human son. Without Pink, Gemkind entered an era of despair. But, when Isabella and Steven Universe learned of their heritage, they reunited with their fellow Diamonds and championed a new era of peace and freedom across the furthest reaches of space." she shuts the book, "And now, dear Gems everywhere, I'm pleased to announce that Pink's eldest, Isabella, is finally ready to take her rightful place on Pink Diamond's throne!"

Isabella turns to face the "audience" as the lights turned on, "How's it going, everybody?"

"Isabella Universe, Age 20 (16)"

She catches the 16 and waves it away to leave the 20 there, "I know you all might be thinking of me as the new Pink Diamond, but you don't have to put me on a throne. I already have a rightful place, and it's on Earth with my brother, Steven."

The Diamonds lean forward in their thrones, surprised.

"Huh?"

"What?"

Yellow Pearl adjusts the settings on a diamond-shaped projection screen, broadcasting Isabella's message all across the universe.

"It's a beach house, where I live with my brother and our friends, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. As much as I've loved dismantling the empire and saving all your planets, I can't wait to get home and spend some quality time with my friends."

White Diamond's eyes widen before scowling at the Pearls, "Cut the feed."

"Your time is up anyway." Yellow Pearl states, shutting down the broadcast as Blue Pearl snickers, running off to pull the camera away.

Isabella turns to the Diamonds, "I think that went well."

"Isabella, please." White starts.

"You can't go." Yellow Diamond pleads.